Saturday, March 4, 2023

crafty overload day 5

The project I have today is a copycat. When Amanda and I were out shopping the last time she saw a sign that she liked. I told her "I can make that." I took a picture in the store for reference.

This is what I designed in Cricut design space.


I then took a bamboo cutting board that I bought at Dollar Tree and painted it white. After coating it with a layer of mod podge I added my vinyl cut out. Sorry about the glare in the picture.

Oh and I also forgot that I added a little bit of antique wax around the edges. There's a story that goes along with that as well. I was doing all the painting on my washing machine. Why? Because it was the biggest cleanest space I had in the basement. I was going well until I knocked over the bottle of antique wax and it poured down into my washer. Let me just say what a mess. All is well though the project came out great and the washer is all cleaned up again

10 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the card, but sorry about the mess in the washing machine. I hate it when that happens. ❤️

Dr Sonia S V said...

How cool. They launched the cricut in India recently and I have been on the fence whether to buy it or not. You seem to be a pro at it!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

MadSnapper said...

I like yours better than the bought one. it is really cute.. oh nooooooo on the spill. glad you could get it out.. i have become an expert at knocking over anything that can spill anywhere I sit it

Hootin Anni said...

Great! The project AND getting it cleaned up of wax

Rose said...

That turned out great!

The wax in the washer sounds like something I would do.

Carol said...

Super cute! I think I need a Cricut, but I know my husband would say I have enough to keep me busy.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Saw this on Facebook and loved it. You do such a nice job. So sorry to hear about the antique wax spilling.

Pam said...

Yep, so proud of you. You are really rocking the crafting.

Jeanette said...

How cute! And you made it almost identical!

DeniseinVA said...

It looks great! Glad you got all that wax cleaned up. I knocked a bowl off the counter today. It’s a Pyrex one that I was using as a fruit bowl. It shattered into a thousand pieces. Got a nice clean floor now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails