Monday, March 13, 2023

tickled pink

It was such a treat yesterday to not have to get up super early in the morning and get dressed for work. As I was sitting at my computer reading blogs and drinking coffee I happened to look out the window. The pink cast to this morning sky was perfect for the day

 I spent a disgusting amount of time playing on the computer and drinking coffee before I finally decided to get dressed. I worked on some craft projects and finished two more of the garlands. One is for my daughter and the other is for one of the girls at work . 



The snow was falling again so it was the perfect day to make a pot of chicken stew. I didn't follow any recipe I just sort of started throwing things in a pot . It was really quite tasty 

I put in chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, chicken broth, a little flour to thicken things up and a few spices. I probably should have wrote it down so I could remember what I did for next time.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The garlands are adorable! Much prettier than the ones at the dollar store. And what a sky, a Barbie kind of sky. You asked about my new cell phone. It is a Motorola G Play 2023. I find it easier to use than most, and the size is not too big or too small. Plus the price is very reasonable, though we got ours for free.

CheerfulMonk said...

It sounds like a great day, starting with that morning sky. The soup sounds perfect for a day lie that.

Donna said...

I know you enjoyed your day off...and that pink sky!! How unusual! And beautiful.
Love the little banner crafts...the bunnys are sweet!
Have a Wonderful day dear friend...
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

I love the strawberries! sounds like you had another good day off and today you have one more to have fun in. and don't have to cook because you have left overs

Lori said...

The pink morning is so pretty. I'm loving your garlands. That is exactly how I cook and when it turns out delicious I'm sad I didn't write down exactly what I did. lol Your chicken stew looks delicious and I'm sure it hit the spot on a cold snowy day. Glad you enjoyed your day off!!

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like you had a great time, well deserved. That’s a real pretty pink sky. I always enjoy looking at your crafts and that soup looks perfect.

Rose said...

Sounds yummy! The sky looked unreal...we used to say if we saw a painting, no one would believe it was real.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...I'm sure glad you took a picture!! That pink hue is stunning.

Liz Hinds said...

Stew sounds good. As does taking it easy and watching the snow.

Sandee said...

What a wonderful day and I love that pink sky.

We call that soup, icebox soup. Just throw whatever you have in the fridge in the pot. Some of the best soup ever.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Pam said...

Love a ONE POT meal better than me messed up all the pots and pans, and dishes in the house! Cause the worst part is cleaning up my messes! Love you bunnies. Too cute. Snow....oh my gosh, so glad it is not us getting it. Course we are back into the winter temps. My body does not like this back and forth. Lily is not liking it either. She had several deck days and now I am having issues getting her to understand why I am not opening that back door for her now...lol

Jeanette said...

Those garlands are super cute!

happyone said...

Cute garlands!! What a pretty pink glow.
The stew sounds good. Sometimes those kind of throw it all in a pot meals are the best!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You had a busy day. The sky looks awesome. The banner of course are really cute. Yum on the meal that you made.

Related Posts with Thumbnails