Thursday, March 9, 2023

The problem with procrastination

On Tuesday I didn't think that I had anything to use for a blog post. Then I remembered that I had recently done a cake at work. Perfect! That's what I'll use for a blog post. Unfortunately, me being the procrastinator that I am, I kept putting it off and putting it off. I waited so long that I finally fell asleep on the couch watching TV. By the time I woke up there was no way I was going to sit in front of the computer and do a post. That explains why I wasn't here yesterday. The good thing however, is that I still have that cake to use for today.The customer asked for this with strawberry icing but we don't have that. She asked if I could just frost it all pink. That I could do. She also asked that the writing not be in cursive. She said the cake was for a 6 year old and she couldn't read cursive. Let me just say that I don't like printing on a cake.

18 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

We want you to take care of yourself, so watching TV and dozing off is more important than writing every day. The cake looks beautiful.

How is it going with your new boss? I worry about you.

e said...

That cake looks lovely and so does your writing. I hope Angelita enjoyed it. You work very hard, no apologies needed for not posting. I hope you are okay.

Hootin Anni said...

You don't have to post every day!! Rest is much more important.

Hootin Anni said...

Dang...forgot to say...pretty cake.

Barwitzki said...

Ever since I read that you work in a bakery... I've always hoped... there'd be some of the nice sweet stuff on your blog. The pink birthday cake with the little roses is fantastic.
Feel free to share something from time to time! Greetings to you from Viola... I love cake!

MadSnapper said...

I just wish I could print like you print or write like you write. this cake is beautiful, maybe my favorite you have shown us and perfect for a little girl.. so this cake came in under Good news/Bad News

Lori said...

Some days you just have to rest. I think the cake looks fabulous! I'm sure the birthday girl will enjoy it.

Rose said...

I can see where printing on a cake would not be fun...but you sure did a great job.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Some days, the inspiration to blog is just not there. Don't sweat it, inspiration will come and anyone else that writes a blog totally understand.

Lin said...

Glad you got some rest! The cake is lovely and you did well with the printing. I LOVE all things lettering. I took a calligraphy class and it just makes printing even more fun for me. I know...weird...but I love to write and print!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is beautiful! Pastel perfection. I have missed you!!

Carol said...

Beautiful cake!

happyone said...

That is so pretty and I do like the printing on the cake.

Pam said...

Nice job. Sometimes, shutting down and taking naps is what has to come first. In my life, sleeping is a major thing!

DeniseinVA said...

Definitely doze away, we can wait! :) Catching up on sleep is more important. Your cake is beautiful!!!

Jeanette said...

You did a good job printing though! I thought printing would be easier than cursive but maybe not!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think the cake looks perfect for a six year old's birthday!

Donna said...

You did great! My Dad always bought me the white cake with whipped cream and strawberries for the frosting...my favorite cake.
hugs
Donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails