Saturday, March 25, 2023

day four of a 4-day weekend

My fourth and final day started like all the others slow and lazy. I met my son and his family for lunch at Longhorns. The waitress was kind enough to take a picture of all of us. 

After lunch it was back home for a quick nap and wait for Amanda to come over. She made me dinner. She cooked a penne pasta with sausage casserole in The Pioneer Woman baking dish that she gave me as a gift

This was actually a picture of midway through it cooking. She told me I should wait until it was done to take the picture but I forgot. She also brought cupcakes for dessert


I had pictures taken with me and my son so I had to have one with my daughter as well. Excuse what appears to be a triple chin thing going on. I'm blaming it on old age. 

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a good photo of the two of you! You do not have a triple chin! You are just holding your neck way back.

Ginny Hartzler said...

p.s. THE FOOD LOOKS SO GOOD! YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you had a chance to be with your son and his family for a change. And Amanda is a gem. ❤️

Donna said...

Loving the photos of you and the kids! My daughter says there's not enough photos of me and her. I know what she's saying though...I thought the same with My parents.
hugs
Donna
ps- you need more days off little girl! hug

MadSnapper said...

both photos are really good of all of you and every single one has a big smile on their face. what a great birthday spread over 4 happy days... someone cooking for me or taking me out to eat is the best gift ever since I depsise cooking. good job to both your kids. Presley is a doll baby

Hootin Anni said...

How wonderful!!!

Rose said...

What a great birthday...so good to spread it out!

Lori said...

Sounds like the perfect way to end a four day vacation and birthday celebration. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family. Everyone looks really happy in the photos.

e said...

Wonderful photos!

happyone said...

Sounds like a good time with family and good food. :)

Jeanette said...

Nice birthday celebrations with your family! That casserole looks good and that is such a wonderful picture of you and Amanda.

Pam said...

Looks like you had a great vacation/bday time. Family around makes it so nice. Dinner being cooked for you is always NICE...

Lin said...

Nice that you had time with your son and his family. I'm glad you have a nice photo of the time together. Amanda is awesome! That is a cute photo of the two of you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so glad you went out to eat with them. So glad Amanda made you dinner. How nice and cupcakes too! Lovely photos.

Liz Hinds said...

It's the selfie chin! Good to see your face - and to meet your children.

Related Posts with Thumbnails