Monday, September 2, 2024

Happy Labor Day

 It's Labor Day here in the U.S.  A day to celebrate the American worker. It's also a day to say goodbye to summer with picnics. My intentions were to repost an old Labor Day post but it was too much effort and well, it's labor day and who wants to labor?

So instead I have a quick, no frills, post. I hope everyone has a wonderful day no matter what you choose to do.


I do have the day off and plan on just hanging out around the house doing a whole lot of nothing. I also have tomorrow off so it'll be nice to have two days in a row off.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you rest, rest, and more rest!!! Do nothing unless you feel like it. Eat out, too!

Rose said...

A whole lot of nothing sounds like the best plan ever!

MadSnapper said...

I did not do a post, every day is a holiday when retired, the last time I celebrated labor day was Sept of 2006, and 2 weeks later I walked out the door to live 360 days of not working.. the trade off is AGE, I rather be your age and working than my age and not working. define Labor! ha ha mine is listening to the roar of nascar racing this moment

DeniseinVA said...

Whatever you are going to be doing today, may it be a fun one and Happy Labor Day!

I'm starting to add my website addy as I've discovered I can't just click on names in comments anymore, so thought this would be more helpful.
https://www.anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com

My Mind's Eye said...

WooHoo two days in a row of no laboring...that will be surely recharge your baking battery
Hugs Cecilia

Lin said...

Can't believe it's Labor Day already! Now...if only the cool, crisp weather would come as quickly!

Sandee said...

I'm so happy you have two days off in a row. Wonderful. I know you'll enjoy every minute.

Have a fabulous Labor Day and two days off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Labor Day! Enjoy doing nothing today.

HappyK said...

Glad you got the day off. Hard to believe it's September already!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails