Sunday, September 15, 2024

Backtracking to Labor Day

 Since I've had so many posts scheduled in advance I'm a bit slow getting to some things. I never did tell you what I did on Labor Day. Amanda and I went to a place called Al's Melons to get mums.

They had a ton of them and in so many different colors. They also had some pots that were mixed colors but they were more expensive. This picture only shows some of the mums they had. 



The ones we bought were a nice size and at a reasonable price. We actually got 5 altogether. I got 3 and Amanda got 2. If you're wondering why she got less than I did it's because she already had several sitting on her porch at home and she only needed a couple more.

After we made our purchases we stopped at Subway for lunch.



10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a fun day. That is a LOT of mums. I have never been able to keep them alive.

MadSnapper said...

Must be mum season, they had a huge display of them at home Depot yesterday. I took 2 photos. like you I am a week ahead so they will appear sometime maybe close to Halloween. Walmart was putting out Christmas yesterday

Rose said...

Mums are so pretty..what colors did you get?

Liz Hinds said...

What a lots of mums!

My Mind's Eye said...

Mums and Subway on the same day you are living your best life for sure.
Hugs Cecilia

HappyK said...

Mums sure say Fall. Love all the colors they come in.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a nice day. So did them have melons too?

Lori said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day. I bought two huge, gorgeous mums for my porch and the deer have eaten every single bloom.

DeniseinVA said...

Mum’s are always so pretty with all their different colors. It sounds like a great trip out.
https://www.anenglishgirrambles2016.blogspot.com/

CheerfulMonk said...

Yellow mums are my favorite flowers. 😊❤️

Related Posts with Thumbnails