Monday, September 16, 2024

The next day

 The day after Labor Day I had off. It was nice to have two days in a row off from work. As much as I enjoyed that I was having a rough day. Lots of little things have been going wrong and it was getting me down. Even Gibbs was on my last nerve. 

I finally was at the end of my ropes, put Gibbs in his side of the basement and went outside to play in the dirt. I planted the mums that I got the day before.

It's not too easy to see where they are here


I planted two in the center.

And the third one on the end. I'm not very good at arranging flower beds. What was already there was placed by the guys who mow my lawn. A couple years ago I had asked if they could make the front look a little better.

After I got done planting these I went through and weeded this area and the area on the other side of the front porch where the hydrangea are. I must say I was feeling a bit better by the time I was done.

The other thing I did was run to Giant Eagle which is a local grocery chain. They are a bit expensive but tend to have really good deals. Someone had posted that they had burger on sale for $2.99 a pound. I haven't seen it that price in a long time. I grabbed a couple packs to put in the freezer.



15 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I find that most of the time if I do something other than device time, physical labor, like wiping down cabinets or cleaning windows I feel better. good job on planting the pretty mums and getting your self out of the house. I can't do anything outside, it is dangersouly hot now. Has to be done before 8 am if working outside.

DeniseinVA said...

You did the right thing getting out of the house. A change is as good as a rest so they say. Your flower bed is looking so pretty! And Gibbs, don’t you be getting on your mom’s last nerve, lol! I hope you feel better today and I hope it is a wonderful one :)
https://www.anenglishgirrambles2016.blogspot.com

Rose said...

I cannot remember the last time I saw that price on burger! The mums are sure going to be beautiful there...

Donna said...

$2.99 is a good deal! And I'm hoping you're feeling better today?!
Big hug
Donna

Lori said...

I'm sorry you've had a lot going on. Getting out of the house was probably the best thing to do. Fresh air, nature and bit of work always make me feel better too. Your mums look awesome. I hope you have a great week.

Pam said...

Oh my.....that price is amazing. I think the last time I looked it was five something a lb at Wally World. Crazy. Do your mums come back next yr? I never had that sort of luck.

My Mind's Eye said...

I expect getting your hands in the soil to plant your mums was just the therapy you needed. I hope Gibbs' mood was improved.
That is an enormous savings on the gbeef. I try to always buy it in bulk when the prices are good. I might need to make a trip to PA for those prices
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

i am so old that I remember when it was fifteen cents a pound! I think playing in the dirt calms us and is good for our mental health. Looks nice in front for sure. I think I remember when you posted about the yard guys making it pretty!

Sandee said...

Love your flowers and we wait for those hamburger sales. We do so much with chicken and hamburger. I can't believe the prices when they aren't on sale.

Have a fabulous day off Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Jeanette said...

The front of your house looks nice!

HappyK said...

Playing in the garden is sure to put you in a happy mood. :)
$2.99 does sound like a great deal!!

Connie said...

Nice planting. I'd be getting extra for the freezer too :)

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm sorry you were having a rough time, but good for you for getting outside.

Lin said...

The plants look great! There is something about digging around in the soil, getting dirty, and just grounding yourself with the earth that boosts the spirit. I love to just walk around the property pulling weeds and looking at this plant or that one. It is so much happier than scrolling or doing anything with electronics.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) Well that was a good idea to go outside and plant those mums. Glad you started to feel better. That is great about the hamburger too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails