Wednesday, September 11, 2024

It takes 3

 Third times a charm or three strikes you're out. I'm not sure which one of those best describes this project.

I saw a saying online and it sparked an idea for a Christmas gift for my daughter in law. I decided that I was going to put the saying on a black canvas using pink lettering since that is the color scheme of her beauty shop.

I created the design in Design space and cut it on my Cricut. 


The first attempt at ironing this to the canvas didn't go well. Parts of it would not stick to the canvas and repeated attempts to make it stick caused the adhesive to seep out from underneath the vinyl


Attempt two was even worse. NONE of the heat transfer vinyl would stick at all. All it did was leave the adhesive from the vinyl on the canvas.


Third try and I bought some inexpensive glitter iron on vinyl from Dollar Tree. I thought maybe the problem was just that the HTV was too old. 

This time it stuck well but the transfer backing was very sticky so there was glitter stuck all over it. When I ironed this down to the canvas, stray glitter also stuck to the canvas. At least the entire design also stuck down. I think I'm just going to give this to her as is. It's not perfect but it's good enough.


12 comments:

Rose said...

Pretend it is on purpose...to mr it just looks part of it. I would love it if I had a beauty shop.

Donna said...

I think it turned out just fine!! Give it to her...I might try to do one for our Samantha's shop!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

I actually like the stray glitter, it looks like it was meant to be there. I think she will love it. I am wondering if the canvas might have been the problem. Or have you used these on other canvas and it worked? lets go with 3rd time is a charm

Lori said...

That is a perfect gift for someone with a beauty shop. I love it. I think the final one is awesome.

My Mind's Eye said...

I love that saying. A good hair cut makes your day, month, year.
I once told our lady if she moved we'd follow her.
We've been going to her for 20+ years.
The bit of random glitter adds sparkle around the edges
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

I like the added touch of glitter around the edges. So what kind of glitter is this, just plain glitter that you sprinkled over the top of the vinyl?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are so smart and it looks great!

Jeanette said...

It's fine! What a great idea for a beauty shop! She will love it!

Lin said...

Ugh. It's maddening when you can't make it better. I think the random glitter is okay...but I understand your frustration!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about all of the issues. It did turn out nice and I think it is really cute.

HappyK said...

I think it looks quite nice and it will be great in her shop. It i frustrating when things don't come out as planned.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the sentiment. It’s a clever and thoughtful gift.

Related Posts with Thumbnails