Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Feel the joy

I imagine that not too many hunters were feeling the joy yesterday morning as they hit the woods. Although it wasn't too cold (40's) it rained for most of the morning.

I started my morning off slow yesterday. I sat and drank coffee, read blog and emails. I was having an email conversation with Sandra and she mentioned the life insurance issue. It occured to me that I never mentioned on here that I finally got everything finished and the check has come. It wasn't a huge amount but any extra is helpful right now. I owe Grace a huge thanks for all her help in getting that squared away.

I finished that project I mentioned the other day. I had intended to use a snowflake for the O in joy but couldn't find the ones I thought I had so a star was used instead.

It now sits here.

I painted the outside edge red and then used an antique wax that I had in my stash to do the center. It was a little darker than I liked so I sanded it up a bit before adding the letters, star and bow. Thanks Pam for the the inspiration

19 comments:

Kate said...

You did a fine job with your JOY and have created a charming tableau. Pleased for you that it's just rain and not snow that arrived.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your joy piece. It is 'joyful'.

Glad you got the insurance problem finished. A little is better than nothing, it all helps.

Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

MadSnapper said...

it really is beautiful and it matches the wreath and lamp perfectly. I love the way they all look together. I like the star more than a snowflake. perfect. good job on your day off... we are at 56 right now which is brrr cold weather for us. loving it and we get 2 days of it tomorrow and Thursday all the way to 50... but bright sun during the day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so sweet. These two look perfect together as well. I remember when my mom died, I had a fit with the insurance. So I am very glad yours went well.

Lin said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you got the insurance thing sorted out! Grace is amazing that way, isn't she? Very helpful from far away.

Grace said...

I was meaning to ask but I didn't think they would come through so quickly - Yay!! Aside from your having to drive to Erie, it turned out easy-peasy, didn't it? I'm so happy for you, got you a little breathing room, I hope.

Dr Sonia S V said...

So rustic and beautiful Ann
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.in/2016/10/pop-up-christmas-card.html

Sandee said...

Glad you got one more thing off your plate. Good for you and yes a little extra money always helps. I'll be so glad when your mortgage is paid off. That will be the ticket.

Love the Joy. That star works very well.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks. The snow came over night. I woke up to a couple inches on the ground

Ann Thompson said...

Thanks. I'm glad the insurance thing is finally over

Ann Thompson said...

Me too. Love our Grace. She is a amazing

Ann Thompson said...

Yes it was easy peasy once I knew where to look. Thanks again for all your help. It took them exactly two weeks from the time I mailed it in. I was actually going to call them the next day to see if they had everything and find out where things were. Then there it was in the mail

Ann Thompson said...

Thank you. A pretty easy project to put together too

Ann Thompson said...

Me too. Just 6 more payments to go. My next one will be due on Dec 1 so then it will be down to just 5

Hootin Anni said...

That is BEAUTIFUL Ann. I like the star very much!

Hootin Anni said...

That is BEAUTIFUL Ann. I like the star very much!

Terra said...

I like your Joy plaque and the star instead of the letter O is perfect.

Reeni said...

That is beautiful! It looks like something I would buy. Wish I had your craftiness. So glad you got a check - it was fast. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you got that issue all sorted out. Your decorations are so pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails