Sunday, November 18, 2018

A flop

I attempted to do another paper project yesterday. It's supposed to be a silverware/napkin holder. I thought it would like nice on the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Clearly I need a new blade for my cricut or I could try sharpening it. I hear that punching it in and out of a aluminum foil ball is supposed to sharpen the blade.


You can see that it ripped some of the petals off the two lighter colored flowers and it ripped the word thankful as it was cutting it. Also, not shown, it totally failed at cutting out the second red flower.

After this failed attempt I gave up. Maybe I'll try again later today or tomorrow.

11 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

If at first you don't succeed, lol
Briony
x

MadSnapper said...

so sorry, hope the tin foil works... I know you love that cricut thingy...

Grace said...

I don't know how much a new blade would run but considering how much you use that machine it might be a good investment (or perhaps a great Christmas gift - hints to the family?).

Sandee said...

I like Grace's idea. A Christmas gift would be fab.

Have a terrific day. Tomorrow is a day off. Big hug to you and scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about that! That's frustrating.

Ann said...

I should try try again but instead I just quit...lol

Ann said...

The last time I looked, the blades were relatively inexpensive. If my family knows me at all they would know that a gift card to one of the craft stores would be a most excellent gift...lol Maybe I should throw some hints out there though, just to be on the safe side.

Ann said...

Yep, I like Grace's idea too. Maybe my daughter will read this and catch the hint.

Out on the prairie said...

Tough to have a project fail when Hobby lobby is closed on Sunday

CheerfulMonk said...

Fingers crossed your family figures it out!

SEO Expert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails