Saturday, March 19, 2022

Day one

 The first day of my 4 day vacation was quite enjoyable. I actually did quite a lot but accomplished very little. I'm throwing in some random pictures to help break up a longish post.


It started with sleeping in and then spending the next 3 hours sitting in front of my computer, in my pajamas, drinking coffee. I got a text message from my boss asking me to look up a code he needed for a tax form for a new hire. I responded with "Sorry but this user is currently unavailable". Since I was already sitting in front of the computer and looking up the code would only take a few seconds I then went a head a did that. He said he thought I needed a nice wake up text to start my vacation.


Then it was time to get off my butt and get dressed. I cleaned up the kitchen then spent some time working on removing a very old wallpaper border that's in my bedroom. I've been wanting to do this for a long time but keep putting it off. It's not coming off easy and I managed to put a nice gouge in the drywall. One wall done and I called it quits.

Next I moved on to the craft room and did a little cleaning in there. That job is a little overwhelming because I have way too much stuff in there so I didn't get very far. I did manage to clean the desk off though.


Lunch time and back to the computer to do a little Amazon shopping to buy myself a birthday present.


I made a quick trip to the store to buy some potatoes and then back home to make dinner. 

The weather was beautiful with temps just above 70. 

Today I'll be heading out for a fun day with  Amanda. 


13 comments:

betty said...

Good for you for buying yourself a present! Seems like you had a great first day of vacation, minus the boss contacting you :)

betty

Hootin Anni said...

What did you order for your birthday present!?!! Wait, let me guess. A drywall repair kit? (Kidding)

Your boss, tho probably nice to work for, sure doesn't know when to do his OWN work. I'm sure he could've found the code on his own. But, then again, it is great you're such a valuable employee.

HI Gibbs!!!

MadSnapper said...

I am on pins and needles until you tell us what you bought for your birthday. Love the pic of younger you... yay for one wall of wallpaper. once off you will have to paint or paper, which will you be doing? ha ha on the text.. he should TALK to his PHONE, ask IT for the code. lol..

MadSnapper said...

have fun with Amanda and I am wondering if you will be on the road with her to the CRAFT store

Rose said...

How cute you were! I am wondering did you actually buy yourself something and if you did, are you going to show us? I hope you found exactly what you were looking for. And have fun with Amanda.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Basically you did what you wanted to do!!!!!

Perrrrrfection.... :-)

I always say, on a person's Birthday, they *should* only do, what they want to do.

And you have extended this, to 4 days!!!

LETS ALL FOLLOW SUIT!!!!!!!!

My Birthday is coming up.... It will soon be my turn. -gigggles-

🌸🌼🌺🌷

Jeanette said...

Yes! Sounds like a perfect start to your days off! I hope you are having fun with Amanda today!

MadSnapper said...

I am dictating my comment on your post to see if it works and yes it is working so thank you for telling me and now I don't know if it will go to the next line in comments. I think it spells better than I do and I did use windows H and now I am using Windows period to get this😋

Ginny Hartzler said...

But your post is not long ENOUGH!! Curious people want to know, and that is me. WHAT did you buy yourself, and will you be posting it? Where are you going with Amanda and will you be posting that also? I am so glad you had a good day, and everything went well, even the weather.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great day off! Hope you have a nice time with Amanda.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Looking great your mini vacation

CheerfulMonk said...

Have a great day with your daughter! I'm so glad you are having some fun. ❤️

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Hi I am Cheryl, a friend of a friend. Hope you don't mind my visit. I have recently gotten back into blogging and a lot of people are gone, on FB or other sites.

Your dog is a sweetie. So cute. I had a Siberian Husky but sadly she passed I miss her
Trying to do some spring cleaning here too

Related Posts with Thumbnails