Friday, March 11, 2022

It'll all work out.

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for us at work. We were working on preparing food for our friend Mike's funeral dinner today. My boss is donating all of the food. I did a cake and was planning on doing just plain white with white border and no flowers. Then yesterday morning the boss tells me he wants me to write on it and he wanted it to say "it'll all work out". That was something that Mike would frequently say. The picture didn't turn out real well because of all the white and the glare form my table. 
After work, the deli manager and I went to the funeral home. It was really packed.

Rest in peace Mike. You're smiling face will be sadly missed.

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

What a happy, sweet looking man. And your cake is very nice Ann.

Rose said...

He dies look like the nice guy st guy. And it sounds like you have a nice boss. The cake looks elegant. Just perfect for something like that.

MadSnapper said...

this is a happy and sad at the same time story. the cake is perfect, and it did all work out. you have a great boss and I know this handsome smiling repair guy will be sadly missed

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely.........

A very nice tribute to a missed worker/friend.

Gentle hugs,
🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

Sandee said...

You and your boss did a good thing. Bless you all and bless Mikes family.

Have a fabulous day off tomorrow, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awwww. He would have LOVED that you guys did this. And you created a beauty, I bet the people loved it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I wish it would have worked out BETTER for him!!

Connie said...

Ann this is a very sweet tribute and your cake is lovely.

betty said...

He looked like a really nice man. I bet he left a wonderful legacy. Sweet that your boss paid for the funeral food. I bet that was appreciated by the family. Your cake came out lovely. Great tribute to a hard working man!

Betty

Jeanette said...

He looks like a nice guy! It's wonderful that your boss took care of the food for after the funeral. I think his family will appreciate the saying on the cake!

Grandma C said...

Beautiful cake, very fitting for a man with a beautiful smile.

Pam said...

Looks like a really nice man.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad that you got to go and pay your respects. The cake turned out nice and how kind that your boss donated the dinner.

Donna said...

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend…The cake is so pretty!
Hughugs
Donna

DeniseinVA said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I can see the cake is really pretty, and lovely that you added his words. Rest in Peace Mike.

Related Posts with Thumbnails