Tuesday, January 2, 2024

First day

The first day of the new year was spent very low key. I pretty much just sat around watching tv or playing on the computer. I did put my traditional pork roast and sauerkraut in the crockpot but that was about the most ambitious thing I did. 

Normally I take down my Christmas decorations on New Years day but this year I decided to let them stay up. I'll get to them eventually but I wasn't ready to pack them all up just yet.

There was a light snow falling on and off during the day. As of the time I'm typing this post to schedule there is no accumulation on the ground at all. I haven't looked at a forecast so I can't say if we are supposed to get much or not.

This will be another short week for me. I have Friday off again so I'll enjoy a 2 day weekend again. I could get used to that. 

Here's a cute little clipart image just to add a little something to the post.

12 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Love the penguin! Happy about your two-day break. Your day sounded very nice and low key. The pork and sauerkraut sounded yummy. Hope the snow stays away.

MadSnapper said...

you know i love graphics, he is adorable. sounds like a good day to me. i love sauerkraut but can't eat it. I took down santaville and all things Christmas yesterday, but I left the blue tree and the nook tree, with only lights on them. we love the lights. so still have them and they will stay until I tire of them. bright lights make me feel good. enjoy your Christmas lights becasue they make you happy

Liz Hinds said...

It sounds like a good way to spend the day! Our decorations usually stay up until 12th Night.

Donna said...

How wonderful you're off again!
I've taken our tree down this morning...I usually leave it until later in January but I got up this morning with something nagging me to get it down...so I did.
Happy New Year!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Sounds like the perfect NY day to me.
How awesome that you get another two days off in a row. Is there any way you could ask if that could be permanent?

Jeanette said...

My NY day was low key too except I had to work from 2-8. IT was pretty quiet in the facility too!

Rose said...

I wish you could have two day weekends all the time...a day here and a day there is just not the same.

Sandee said...

We had quiet Christmas and New Year and we had our decorations down the day after Christmas. Most of the neighborhood did the same.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

The little penguin is so cute.
Nice that you have a short week again. :)

Lin said...

So nice to have some down time! Gosh, I always dread taking all that stuff down. It's so much work. We did it soon after Christmas. It felt like it was up forever!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you are having a nice time relaxing. My Christmas is still up and I woke up with a lung infection. Not the way I wanted to start the New Year. Enjoy your next 2 day weekend! I like the clipart.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the penguin and wish you had two days off more often. ❤️

Related Posts with Thumbnails