Wednesday, January 10, 2024

This and that

 Big news here is the weather. Yesterday morning we had a little snow, then it turned to rain. The big thing however was the wind. Lots of downed trees, power lines and power out all over the place. It stayed on all day where I work though and it was on at home so I lucked out there.That wind was killer. When I left work it was 41 but with the wind and rain it sure felt a lot colder.

The other day when I posted about stealing someone's idea for a post I got a comment from Jean. She said "Why do you call that stealing? You are sharing a great idea and have written a fun post. And you gave credit to the person who gave you the idea.


“There are two ways of spreading light: to be
the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
― Edith Wharton

Being a mirror is adding light to the world too. I'm trying to do a lot more of that this year."

Then she added a second comment recommending a book. PS (1) I love those pictures of you, and (2) you might like Austin Kleon's book Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative. I think it's a fun read.
I went to Amazon to find out about the book and it did sound interesting. I just may buy it.

Monday while I was off I played around a little bit with Bing AI. I needed a new picture for my Facebook banner. This first one came from the first set of pictures I did. I uploaded this to FB

Then I decided to try again and choose this one from the second set of pictures to upload to FB. This is the one that I now I have on my FB page.




11 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Those AI pics are very pretty! Jean makes a good point. And you are spreading the joy.

Rose said...

I think Jean is right...and it did make us all smile.

Lori said...

Jean is correct!!
All of your posts make me smile. It was really windy here too but I don't think anyone lost power. This has been a crazy winter so far. I'm worried what this Spring and Summer will bring.
The AI pics are really nice. Have a great day.

MadSnapper said...

Good Choice for FB, i love it, out of the two i like the one you chose best. you know I love AI Bing. agree with what jean said, I find ideas all the time. it is stealing if we use it as our idea, sharing is telling someone where it came from and how much you like theirs. a compliment. Jean is a totally sensible person and gives us great advice and makes us think about things. that is her gift.

Sandee said...

Sharing content is a good thing and when you give credit to the person that originated the content even better.

Love your two pictures. I've not done any of that yet.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

You chose really great pics for Facebook! And I adore Presley's card!! I think it is perfect for her age.

happyone said...

I agree with Jean.
I like the second picture best.

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you! Hurray for spreading the joy! It's one of the best things we can do in these trying times. ❤️

Liz Hinds said...

That's interesting. Only this week we've been talking in the family about newsletters. Daughter gets on from Austin Kleon and I've just signed up for it too. And I certainly don't think of it as stealing when I copy the idea someone has else on their blog if it inspires me and I credit them.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that sounds like it was really bad. Glad your power stayed on. That was a nice comment from Jean. That's a wonderful quote. Those photos are so darn cute.

Ida said...

These are fun. I may try this and post one tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails