Saturday, March 21, 2020

#58

It's kind of hard to believe that I'm celebrating my 58th birthday already. There are days when I don't feel like it's possible that I'm this old already and then there are days that I wonder if I'm not even older than that.

1967

So I decided to take a long weekend for my birthday. I planned on taking Friday and Sunday as vacation days and with my Saturday and Monday regular days off that would give me 4 days. Then the jury summons came in the mail. I requested off Friday for jury duty and Sunday as vacation day. Then the virus happened and all jury duty was cancelled but I still had the day off. Friday morning as I'm drinking my coffee I get a call asking if I would want to come in to work for a while. I figured why not. I can't go anywhere else so it's either go to work or stay home and clean.

2020

So I have 3 more days off and have no clue what I'm going to do with myself. I could plan on doing some cleaning since I seem to keep putting it off but I doubt I'll accomplish much. Had I known that everything was going to be shutting down I don't know if I would have taken the vacation day. On the bright side it will be really nice to sleep in tomorrow morning.

Grace, if you are reading this I want to thank you for putting a little sparkle in my day with the lovely birthday card. You know I love that glitter. I tried to send you and email but the contact has disappeared from my list and I couldn't find you on Facebook either. 

20 comments:

Grace said...

Happy Birthday, Ann 💜 🎂 💜

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Birthday! I love both pictures! Especially the one of you wearing black, you are so pretty. Sleeping in is no small thing.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Ann!

MadSnapper said...

Happy 58th Birthday, sorry you have time off and can't go out. be careful, tv is talking and said 600 dead in 24 hours in Italy... don't go out, stay home and play in your craft room. I want you to make 59. love you stay safe.. don't let your kids come over either.. listen to me, I am your 2nd mama giving advice. you are 3 years older than my oldest son.

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday Ann!

Hootin Anni said...

Happy birthday sweet one!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Ann! You're looking good! Enjoy your days off - have fun.

Sandee said...

♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Ann,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

Rose said...

Happy Birthday! I wish all this stuff was not happening till you could get out and enjoy stuff.

Rose said...

You were such a cutie!

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Ann! I'm glad you have a couple of days to catch your breath and either get those chores done or just sleep in and relax a bit. At least you know you can go back in to work and be with people. The rest of us are mostly housebound at this point.

Hope you have a good birthday!

Pam said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY....you are just a couple years younger then I am. I can see you in the first pic, looking at the eyes. People say I have not changed but I know what I have been through in life and I know that I have changed, inside and I see in the pics, to me I look like I have changed. But when it comes to looks changing, the eyes never do....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your time off and have a wonderful year ahead with great health and happiness. Love, Debby

BeadedTail said...

Happy Birthday, Ann! Lovely photo of you!

CheerfulMonk said...

Happy birthday! You've been working so hard and have been exhausted, so have a good rest and pamper yourself. If you feel like playing with crafts, do it, but never because somehow you think you "should".

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Hip Happy Birthday from NZ - crafts are our sanity right now - maybe take all the seasonal objects out and see what needs a bit of a retouch or a revamp.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

And I agree with CM - her last sentence. Actually I'm struggling a bit of that as well, particularly since around noon yesterday our PM creating some "levels" and I'm in Level 2, not because I'm over 70 but because of my fragility health issues. I can go out, just on solitary journeys and not mix with folk...I've enough to do, eat, and so forth - but it's the feeling of XXXX

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day! My husband and I were set to go to Alabama on Monday for our anniversary trip, but now we are home. I am trying to find someway that I might try to make it feel like vacation here.

Ann said...

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you... Love both pictures... You were a cutie pie ---and still are!!!!! This year though you will need to enjoy your birthday LATER --after this COVID-19 is LONG GONE (if and when that happens)....

George and I are still doing well --but being extremely careful...

Stay HEALTHY and SAFE.
Hugs,
Betsy

Related Posts with Thumbnails