Monday, March 2, 2020

Can you guess.

This is the lazy way to do a post.

First you take a close up picture of something in your house (or outside your house if you prefer)


Then you ask your readers if they can guess what it is. Of course now you need to fill in some space with some kind of nonesense so that they can't immediately see the picture that will reveal what the object is. Or if you can't think of anything to write about you can just leave a bunch of blank space and let them scroll down when they are done trying to guess.










Finally you say something like "Did you guess that it was this" and you show the picture revealing what it is.

Yep it was a green glass bottle with lights in it. I picked the bottle up from Dollar Tree because it was the perfect color to go with some St. Patricks day decorations. The lights didn't come with it. Those I found a while back at Walmart.

12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I recognized the lights but didn't realize they were in a bottle. Clever idea for a post. :)

Hootin Anni said...

I did the very same thing yesterday when I brought out my St. Party's decorations (mine is a green vase tho). But, getting back to the guessing game...I couldn't figure it out.

Kate said...

I recognized lights but that was all. I like lights in a bottle or a vase. Just now I have a straight side vase filled with small 'pinecones' and white/clear mini lights ... good for all seasons. ^^

MadSnapper said...

I guessed shadows of Christmas lights. but not the rest. would never have guessed lights in a bottle. Grrrreat idea....cant decide which I like best, the unknown or the known.

Rose said...

This may be the lazy way to do a post but it is one of my favorite kind...and no I did not guess!

Sandee said...

How cool. I wouldn't have guessed right, but it makes sense when you showed it what it was.

Yikes on all that snow.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Enjoy your day off. Big hug. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

I did guess little lights, but would have never thought they are in a green bottle. SO cool!! It really is lovely.

Jeanette said...

Never would have guessed. I though it looked like a curtain with a shadow behind it.

Ann said...

CheerfulMonk, the lights are pretty obvious that close up it's pretty much impossible to tell it's a bottle though

Anni I have a green vase but when I saw this bottle in the dollar store I really liked the look of it.

Sandee. I've never been very good at figuring out things like this when other people post them but it's always so obvious once they show the whole picture

Ginny, the lights are pretty obvious. I liked the color of the bottle

Lin said...

Nope. Never would have guessed! It's a cute idea, Ann!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

love the prose and the "blank space" - very creative my friend...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I did not guess that but I definitely like it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails