Monday, May 9, 2022

A thank you

Today I have a little story that goes along with the baby shower cake I showed you the other day. That cake had been ordered for a Saturday. The following Monday was the day that I had that big donut order. On Tuesday I went to work to discover that I had another donut order for 18 dozen at 7:00 am Wednesday morning. Needless to say my Tuesday was not off to a good start. Later on in the morning a customer came up and said can I talk to you. My initial reaction was oh no I have a complaint. She motioned me down to the end of the counter where she proceeded to tell me that I had made her daughter's birthday cake as well as that baby shower cake. Then she told me that I was a gift and handed me an Amazon gift card. She said that she had won it at the baby shower and knew that she had to give it to me. I told her it was totally unnecessary but she made my day. It sure is nice to know when your work is appreciated. She definitely put a smile on my face

On the post with the cake Anni had asked if the booties were something I learned or tried for the first time. Well I was taught how to do these a long long time ago by another girl who used to work in the bakery. I've made a lot of them over the years.

14 comments:

betty said...

What a sweet thank you gift!! Very nice to be appreciated like that for your hard work and dedication to your job!! Have fun spending it!

betty

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! See, you really DO have such talent, and creativity. So, do you know what you will buy yet? What a lovely and thoughtful lady!

Anni said...

The gift card was such a kind gesture to show you how appreciated you are. I still marvel at that baby bootie!!!

MadSnapper said...

Just had a thought, two of those booties just sitting on a plate would be a great decoration at a shower. I loved the booties and evidently the cake was a huge hit.. wow! 50 dollar booties. Designer Brand by Ann! waiting for a post oh how you spent the card. Visa and Amazon are the only gift cards i love... in case you get and extra one you don't need.

Rose said...

That would make my day...even without the gift card...just to have someone come back and tell you they appreciate your work we would have made your day.

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwwwww... what a wonderful gesture! Yes, it's so nice to be appreciated. I know a "thank you" would have been sufficient for you, Ann, but it's always nice to have a monetary reward once in awhile too. $50!! That will be real fun to spend. Enjoy! ~Andrea xoxo

Pam said...

Isn't it nice to be thanked and knowing someone went out of their way to thank you....nice job

Sandee said...

What a wonderful thank you indeed. People can surprise you can't they? Yes they can.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How thoughtful. It sure makes us feel appreciated to have a kind gesture like this! Wonder what you'll get!

happyone said...

What a thoughtful gift to receive. Things like that are so very nice when they are so unexpected.
The cake was AMAZING!!!
I think it is so cool that you are a baker!! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Well deserved Ann! A sweet gesture from this lady too. You put a smile on my face when I heard this. Thanks for sharing it. Lovely story! And your cake was gorgeous!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This post gave me chills and put tears in my eyes. That was so sweet of her and you are so deserving of the gift.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Agree with everyone, well deserved

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so happy about the gift and the appreciative customer,

Related Posts with Thumbnails