Thursday, May 26, 2022

I've got nothing.

 I really have nothing to post about. Other than my typical week of work and home again there is nothing special to talk about. I've used it all up. I haven't had any ambition to work on any craft projects at all. I've been spending all my off time practicing my slug imitation. I'm really quite good at it.

I could talk about my work frustrations but that will just make my blood boil. Who knew there were so many frustrating people in the world. 

I know, I'll tell you about the phone call I took at work. A woman calls and tells me that the bakery they were getting their bread from won't deliver to them anymore and wanted to know who we had to deliver. I thought she was asking if we delivered and I told her me did not. (Now put on your best snotty voice when you read this next line) I'm talking about who are your vendors that deliver, since your close to me they maybe could deliver here also. I tell her one of them is Schwebels. (You didn't put that snotty voice away did you? You'll need it for her lines) I just told you, Schewebels doesn't deliver here any more. I then told her that I didn't know the name of the other company that delivered. She says " The bread aisle is like 5 steps away, can't you walk over there and see what kind of bread is on the shelf?" So by this time I'm getting really annoyed. My voice might be a bit snippy and I tell her, the types of bread we have over there aren't going to tell me the name of the company that delivers it. She finished off the conversation with an extremely snippy "You know what, just forget it. Thank you for your time, you've been most helpful"

I have to say, that lady was a real butt head.

Would you believe this ashtray with one single cigarette butt is still sitting out on the desk railing from Wade. 


13 comments:

betty said...

That cigarette butt held up pretty well over the years. That lady seemed to have a sense of entitlement and getting her way a lot, I think. She also seemed to not be able to express what she wanted done in a pleasant professional matter. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't get along with a lot of people.

betty

CheerfulMonk said...

I think you handled her very well. Maybe next time say you don't know, but wish her luck in finding someone. In other words end the conversation as soon as possible for your sake. "Cheerfully firm" is a term I learned from Dr. Benjamin Spock. It's empowering to cheerfully say no to entitled people.

Hootin Anni said...

You did well. I had to snicker when she said "just forget it". People like that are a pain.

MadSnapper said...

you are so right! who knew how many unpleasant people are out there now. retail is the best place to find them, and it doesn't matter what retail is selling, from bread to cigarettes, which takes me to the butt. wow, i am surprised the butt has not disintegrated by now from rain and snow. your daily life is like mine, same old same old same old except I dont have to meet customers. whoo hoo for me, boo hoo for you

The Feminine Energy said...

Lordy, lordy, lordy.... that woman was NOT going to get help by doling out the vinegar rather than honey. Sheesh!! Let her do her own work, in finding another vendor then!

I would be the same way, Ann. That ashtray still containing the cigarette would be something I would do, for sure! And there's nothing wrong with that, by the way. The shower stall, in my mom's apartment here, was never used after mom died in 2008 and I just recently threw away the bar of soap in that stall that I used to bathe mom the last time. So I get it, darlin'. I understand.

~Andrea xoxo

Sandee said...

Why can't she come and look in the bread aisle? Bless her heart. The world is full of difficult people.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Rose said...

I get very frustrated to just hearing about her! I don't know why some people think the world owes them.

I used to get people complaining about the price of strawberries...I would dearly have loved for them to have to do all the work to raise them. Then every so often, you do all the work only to have a late killing frost that kills all the blooms.

Nancy's Notes said...

Some people!! Some do have this grand sense of importance! You handled it so well!

Jeanette said...

Ugh! I hate snotty people like that! I hope she never finds anyone to deliver her bread!

happyone said...

It is so amazing how rude some people can be!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you had to deal with that woman.
I have to say that it is very sweet that the ashtray and butt are still sitting there.

Donna said...

My favorite line? "Do you know who I am???"
We have a plumbing company, and this was a call from the city's fire chief...He was always being a real snot...so, one day I answered his stupid question with my rather intelligent one, "Why No! You don't know who you are??"...crickets....click.
He called back, asked for my hubby and placed his work order. Hubby also suffers no fools...We did the work but he was never rude again.
That cigarette butt? Leave it right where it is...only let go when you're ready, if ever. I know how you're feeling...long story.
Hugging you tight sweet friend...
hugs
Donna

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry, I laughed at the butt in the ashtray. Thanks for that. Working in a small cafe years ago we had some doozies. I have heard that tone before. You dealt with her very well I'm thinking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails