Thursday, August 17, 2023

For a guy's birthday

I thought I would get a head start on Wade's oldest son's November birthday. I got his card made and hopefully I'll remember to get it in the mail on time.


I got the idea for this card on a video I saw on Facebook. They used a punch but I used my Cricut machine. I cut an owl shape out of the top layer and put a piece of cardstock behind it that had a sunset picture on it. Then I added the "another year wiser" sentiment. I thought about attaching the top layer to the back side of the card base which would make the card open backwards. And then I was going to put on the inside "and you still don't know how to open a birthday card". Maybe I'll do this card again and do it that way

11 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

That very clever, I love it!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very cool!

MadSnapper said...

I say do it again. i love that idea.. fun and funny..

Lori said...

Lovely. Great idea for the next one.

Donna said...

You always make the prettiest cards! He'll love it!
hugs
Donna

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That came out really nice. I hope your remember to mail it to him.

Pam said...

nice......

CheerfulMonk said...

That's cute!

susan q said...

since i buy my birthday cards at $general or $tree, I try to buy them at least the month before and place them in my desktop calendar and then I'm not surprised or caught flat footed without a card! Love your creativity in cards and cakes♥

happyone said...

Turned out great.

Rose said...

I love the idea of the second one as much as this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails