Thursday, August 24, 2023

Lunch at Sugar n Spice

 The place where we had lunch is in an old hotel. I'm talking seriously old. It was built in 1826. They have tables set up in several different rooms. In these pictures we are entering and walking past the cash register and the other picture is one of the rooms off to the right.



We both chose the stuffed chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans. I had a side of coleslaw and Amanda had cottage cheese. Both of us took half of our dinners home. We also splurged on a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie to take home. 



I was so stuffed from lunch that I didn't even eat dinner that night. I saved my leftovers for the next day.


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks really good, like old fashioned home cooking.

DeniseinVA said...

Your meal looks delicious! I love the old restaurant.

MadSnapper said...

I love old houses turned into other things. agree with Ginny, looks like good old fashioned home cooking which is how i cook and love to eat. 2 meals for the price of one. woo hoo. now where is the photo of the house? next time put your MadSnapper Panties on and snap your self silly because I want to see it.

Donna said...

OH! It all looks so delicious!!
Glad you both enjoyed your day out!
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to eat.

Mandy said...

What a beautifully quaint place. That food is making me hungry!

Lori said...

We used to have an old school house (it was call The Old School House) that was an Amish/Mennonite restaurant and store like this. The fried chicken was amazing. A few years ago they tore the building down. We were all very sad to see it go.

Jeanette said...

That looks like a fun restaurant to eat at and the food looks delicious!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That place looks charming and your meal sounds delicious.

happyone said...

Sounds like a lovely place to have lunch.
That sure is a lot of food!!
I would have been stuffed too!!

CheerfulMonk said...

It sounds as if it was a wonderful day! That makes me happy. 😊

Related Posts with Thumbnails