Sunday, August 13, 2023

Venturing out

I happened to see a post on Facebook for a place called Crawford County Liquidation Depot. It's about a half hour drive away from me so I decided to spend part of my day off checking it out.


It wasn't quite as good as I thought it might be but I did manage to spend a few bucks. They have lots of food items but most of them are seriously outdated. While I don't mind buying something out of date I'd prefer it be within the last month rather than a year ago. So what did I buy? Well let me show you.


I paid $4 for this tray. I can't decide whether I will leave it as is or maybe do something to it. Another purchase was a pair of wood pumpkins and two small tags. These items will get paint or maybe decoupage. 


The pumpkins were $2 each and the tags were $0.50 each. My final purchase was a pack of Christmas gift bags that I paid $2.50 for. There were eight bags in assorted sizes in the pack. I'll either use these to hold gifts or for craft projects.

13 comments:

Terra said...

You scored some nice bargains. Those Christmas bags are cute.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good choices. I love shopping in new stores! No, we did not stop at Dairy Queen, as Phil wasn't feeling that great after the surgery. We just drove thru the parking lot to get photos.

MadSnapper said...

to bad its not a little closer, the stock probably changes quickly. at least now you have a day off destination. Have not heard of this store. if you were here, there are dozens of places to shop for these kinds of crafts. Michaels, Hobby lobby, 3 Dollar Trees, 3 Family Dollars, 3 Dollar Generals all with in 2 to 4 miles from home. who knows how many in a 20 mile radius.

Liz Hinds said...

They sound like bargains. For some reason I thought you were in Australia and was wondering how much an Aus dollar is in UK currency.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a fun store to visit!

Donna said...

Nice score! I need to get busy and whip up tags on the Cricut...I hope!
lolol
hugs
Donna

The Happy Whisk said...

You found some good finds. There is a place I'm looking for. Grocery Outlet. I hear good things. Same thing though, some are outdated. Some aren't. How was the bakery today?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like the items that you bought. I agree with you, why buy outdated food items. I know that some things last forever and years ago we never had dates on anything.

happyone said...

You found some really nice items to use. I'm sure we will see some of them again here after you give them your special touch. :)

Lori said...

It's fun to get out and check out new places every now and then. Love the wood pumpkins.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you went. You found some fun things. 😊

DeniseinVA said...

I am with you on expiration dates. Fun buys!

Rose said...

At least you found a few things....and now you know what the store is like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails