Monday, August 7, 2023

A cake with a story

I love when people draw me pictures of what they want their cake to look like. This one came with a printed picture along with their hand drawn instructions.


 Cakes don't get much easier than this.



I later found out the story behind this one. This is for a guy named Lee and it is purposely misspelled on the cake. Apparently his favorite show is The Office. This cake is from an episode on that show where they forgot to get someone a birthday cake, then spelled her name wrong, and it was decorated with a single Chiclet in the middle of the cake. When asked what they were going to put in the middle of this cake their answer was a chiclet. I didn't even know they still made that gum

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love Chiclets, and now really want some. Hmmm, maybe Cracker Barrel or Amazon.. It has been years since I had some. Found them maybe four years ago, but now I forget WHERE!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

oh that is fun - but intriging - hope Lee/Leigh got the joke!

MadSnapper said...

To cute. It can’t get any easier than these instructions for sure! I bet they all had a really good laugh. And this one I could’ve done the writing because they want a bit sloppy ha ha

DeniseinVA said...

That is so funny! I wish I was there when he saw this cake.

Donna said...

Lol...how easy for you!! It looks great, anyway!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

That is awesome! Also a plus they made it so easy for you. Happy Monday!

Rose said...

That is a fun story...it would be fun if you heard more stories about the cakes you make.

Sandee said...

A fun story. Love it.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How funny! I love the idea they had for the cake and you always make them perfectly!

CheerfulMonk said...

That's so sweet. I'm sure he loved it.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a fun story.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

That's original. I'm sure he loved the cake.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the story behind this cake. I was wondering why it was so plain.

Lin said...

The drawing is awesome...and I think it helps you in the end, right?

Ida said...

Now that is an unusual cake request but reading the story behind it makes me laugh at how clever they were. You did a great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails