Saturday, August 5, 2023

Just a pretty birthday cake

I've had a bit of a run on cakes lately at work. But at least it's giving you a break from all the cards that I was making. Here's a recent birthday cake I did.




The order asked for dark purple and dark yellow or gold. I called the customer to explain that it's very difficult to get a dark purple. The frosting that we use doesn't get very dark and the darker you go the more bitter tasting the frosting is. She said that was fine as long as it wasn't violet. I went as dark as I could on this one. Not sure if she was satisfied with it or not but I thought it looked pretty good.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's very pretty. I like the colors you did. But to me, violet and purple are about the same. Well, there is lavender, which is light purple. And violet would be about the same? Now I wonder WHAT she has against violet.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's one of my favorites so far! I'm guessing she wanted a purple like this one, not too pastel, washed out.

Donna said...

I haven't been into making cakes in a while now...not since I've been keeping Sloane. Nor, do I know much about store produced frostings and what you need to mix colors. Your cake is beautiful! You have a steady hand which helps!
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I think it is very pretty...but I never get tired of cards.

Lori said...

That is a very pretty cake. I'm sure they were thrilled.

DeniseinVA said...

Yes it looks very pretty! I bet everyone loved it.

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. I never get tired of cards either.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The cake looks pretty and I love the yellow flowers. My favorite color.

The Happy Whisk said...

Have you ever used that dye that doesn't add taste? Love, love, love your writing. Cake looks wonderful.

CrystalChick said...

I like all shades of purple and would have been very happy with it. Nice work. I miss card making! Still have lots of lovely paper and supplies so some day soon there's hope I'll get back to it.
~M

Jeanette said...

Vey pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails