Thursday, February 1, 2024

It felt like a lazy day.

And yet I managed to accomplish things. I cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes. I got a meatloaf ready for dinner. I cleaned and organized my desk and I  did the same with all the craft storage I've moved to the cave. I even did some crafting. 

I had a glass block that I had been meaning to do something with. I purchased some window cling material and I thought I would make a different design for different holidays/ seasons. With the window cling I can easily change the design and be able to use the same block. The window cling material is frosted and then I'm adding a vinyl design on top of it.

This is what I purchased.

Here is the block with my design on the front of it.


I didn't have any lights to put inside of it right now so I used those pink lights from my Valentine shelves to show you what this would look like lit up.



I could add a ribbon around this with a bow at the top. I might do that or I might just decide to leave it plain like this. I think my next design will be for Easter. I would do St. Patrick's day but there's not much time between the two holidays this year.


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, what a great idea! I didn't even know you can buy one of these blocks separately. It is really cool looking.

Donna said...

Miss Crafty does it Again!! How Cute! You can do so much with Cricut, it seems!
I Love this...
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

i like the idea of the clingy stuff, just peel and add another. you could make a few clings with all the seasons and this would make a super gift. of course i have no idea how much the glass box costs or where to find them. My friend here, 93 died 3 days ago, and he made these for Christmas gifts one year, white lights inside and red ribbon on corners like a gift.

Rose said...

That is really cute.. and great that you can change the holiday so easily.

Jeanette said...

LOL! I should have days that feel so lazy! You got a lot done! I love the block!

Lori said...

You accomplished a lot for feeling so lazy. My lazy days are not that fruitful. I love the glass block. You did an amazing job on it.

Pam said...

Love your block! I have managed to clean 1/2 the kitchen (breaking now). Paint one coat of Theres No Place Like Home on my front door and worked on a project I am playing with...SLOWLY! lol....I feel a nap calling my name but I really need to go finish the kitchen. I have lots of lazy days.

happyone said...

You got a lot done for a lazy day.
Great idea with the block. You come up lots of great ideas.

CheerfulMonk said...

Now that's what I call a good day, getting a lot done and still feeling it was restful. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

This is fabulous Ann, and you've had quite a productive day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We are making meatloaf tomorrow. Way to go on getting some things done. The block looks awesome. Love the lights inside.

Related Posts with Thumbnails