Friday, February 16, 2024

All in a days work.

Some days I'm more ambitious than others at work. Most days I get by with the bare minimum. That's pretty much due to the new atmosphere since the boss passed away. 
Every now and then I do get a spark of the old enthusiasm. 
I recently made a new fluff to put out. Fluff is a big seller. My top two kinds are a basic fluff and one called orange dreamsicle. The new one is banana split. It's pricey in comparison to the others because of its ingredients but it's a hit.

This has crushed pineapple, banana pudding mix, cool whip, mini chocolate chips, maraschino cherries and mini marshmallows




Last Friday I also decided that I was going to make heat and eat French bread pizza. I split a loaf of French bread put on pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Then I overwrapped so they could be baked at home. I put 12 of them out and by Friday night they were all gone. I was really surprised that they sold that well but I did post about them on our Facebook page so I guess that helped.


I'm going to have to be careful about all this extra work. They'll be expecting it all the time.





11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have not seen this fluff at any bakery, and did not know it existed. The french bread pizza looks better than most. I love it and make it often. I can imagine why it sold so well. Looks mouth watering, and a very quick and delicious meal.

Connie said...

You go girl . . . That pizza looks yummy!

MadSnapper said...

Both look delish. I love both and have never seen them in a deli bakery.
I make the pizza for me but use small slices in toaster oven

DeniseinVA said...

LOL! Yes, be careful, it all looks delicious!

Donna said...

I know Anything you create is a big seller!
My favorite thing is chicken salad...with grapes and whipped cream, pecans, chopped egg, diced bell pepper.
I make it at home because I rarely can find it in stores.
You better watch it though...the new boss will make you do some overtime with all your new goodies! lol
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I had forgotten about making pizza that way...I have not did that in years and years! Thanks for the reminder.

Lori said...

They both look really good. I see fluff in our local deli too but banana split? YUM!! It's sad that so many places have created an environment that has hurt good employee morale. I see it here every day and it makes me sad. I miss working for an organization that feels like family.

Lin said...

It's a mix of wanting to be creative in your work and the boss man expecting it after they see how well it sells. Both look awesome and I am impressed with your creativity!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That fluff looks delicious. Yum on the French bread pizza. True, they will be requesting those things. Have a nice weekend.

happyone said...

Not a fan of that fluff stuff but sure do like the pizza on French bread. We do that every once in a while.

CheerfulMonk said...

You're right that if you do too much they don't reward you, they will just expect it as the new normal. That's sick but too often true. Take care of yourself. Do more if it's fun and you have time to enjoy doing it. ❤️

Related Posts with Thumbnails