Saturday, February 24, 2024

An egg-straordinary craft project

Most things I make with my Cricut I use free cut files that I find at various places. I'm just cheap like that. Once in a great while I find something I like well enough to spend money to purchase the cut file. I had seen a lot of these egg lanterns in my Facebook groups and really liked them. The files I purchased included 3 different patterns. So far I've only made one. The files came from an Etsy shop called GOMArtcraft. 
This is an Easter lantern. It's along the same lines as the ornament I made the other day. Again there is no gluing other than the paper behind the individual panels. The rest of the pieces just all slide together.


I put fairy lights inside this before putting the last panel in place. It's much more impressive with the lights on.



12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! It was fancy enough with no lights, but with lights it is amazing!! It reminds me of something made in ancient China, a traditional treasure.

Rose said...

It is beautiful! Well worth buying...I bet Presley would love one.

MadSnapper said...

how big is it, I thought it was tiny and beautiful but to get lights inside must be larger. I love it both ways, even unlit it is beautiful.

Lori said...

That is gorgeous. How big is it? It looks amazing with the lights.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love fairy lights...and need more of them. They make everything special. Enjoy your weekend my friend!

happyone said...

The egg is so pretty with it light up.

Lin said...

Oooh, that's very cool! I like these eggs!

Recomenzar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Recomenzar said...

Tu blog es "Una Maravilla"
Gracias por leerme

CheerfulMonk said...

Those lights make a huge difference! Thank you. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

This is so pretty Ann, I like both but with the fairy lights it must look even more special.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is really beautiful all lite up like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails