Tuesday, April 16, 2024

cakes

Two recent cakes I've done at work.
This unicorn cake is one I've done twice before. It was ordered by an ex employee who I had the pleasure of firing. She called the next day after she picked this up to tell me how amazing the cake was

The next one, the customer asked if I could do a horse, which I said I could not. Then he asked if I could do a horseshoe. That I figured I could handle. After I got home I thought I would see if I could either make a template or something I could actually lay on the cake. I went to clipart-library.com and found a horseshoe image.

I uploaded this image to Cricut's Design Space then cut it 4 times from cardstock and twice from a metallic vinyl. I used the 4 layers of cardstock to make it a bit more sturdy and the vinyl so that it would hold up better laying against the icing on the cake.

The customer seemed pleased with the cake.


Here's a closer look at the horseshoe.


In other news, we had another employee meeting yesterday. The sale of the building fell through. We still don't have a bright future but it did buy us a little more time. 


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good news!!! Wow, you use your own stuff to help out with the cakes! I like them both. This lady seems really nice to compliment you like that when you were the one who had fired her.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's great news that you have a bit more time at the store. I love your cakes!

MadSnapper said...

Love those unicorn eyelashes, and the horseshoe is amazing. super great ideas. Custom cakes by Ann, maybe you could work from home if the store closes

The Happy Whisk said...

Great job on the cakes! They look great!

Pam said...

I love the unicorn! Great job. I have not done a cake in so long, matter of fact, I sent my tips and cake decor stuff to one of my besties in SC. I kept a few of the basic tips and I guess I need to pull them out and refresh my memory..lol

Rose said...

You are so creative! I like the idea for the horseshoe.

Rose said...

Also glad you have more time with the store...

Lori said...

Both cakes look awesome!! Love them. SO happy the sale fell through. At least that gives you more time to decide what you need to do for yourself

Jeanette said...

Well glad you got a little more time with the store. The horseshoe is pretty cool. I'm sure the customer liked it.

Sandee said...

Love them both, but the first one is my favorite. Love those lashes.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The unicorn looks great. That was nice of her to call you. I like what you did for the horseshoe. That came out nice. Happy to hear that the sale didn't go through.

happyone said...

Great job on the cakes and nice that the lady called to say how great it was after firing her. :)
Well, you have a little extra time now that the sale fell through.

Jamie Ghione said...

The unicorn cake is amazing! Very clever how you made the horseshoe.

DeniseinVA said...

Always impressed at how clever you are.The cakes are fantastic and especially impressed with you going above and beyond making the horseshoe at home. It turned out great! Partial good news on the sale falling through, a little more time at least.

Related Posts with Thumbnails