Saturday, April 6, 2024

Ham it up.

We had a whole ham for Easter. A whole ham for 3 people. Needless to say there was a lot left over. Amanda took some home with her and I put some in the freezer. Then, this past week I've had leftovers from Easter dinner, scalloped potatoes and ham and I've made ham salad to take for lunch. 
Yesterday I got a text message from Amanda. She says she has something for me. She stops in to the store and hands me this bag.



What's inside?




A half a ham. 

Apparently there was a great deal on them. I now have LOTS of ham in my freezer

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

But it is so versatile! You can make ham salad, breakfast sandwiches with egg cheese and ham, put it in your scalloped potatoes and in potato soup, hot ham sandwiches. Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, ham topped pizza.

CheerfulMonk said...

The nice thing is you don't have to use it all at once and you can use it so many ways. For years Andy would always have a ham sandwich for lunch, but he doesn't like much variety. Now it's salt-free turkey, for obvious reasons. Take care! ❤️

Donna said...

Hahaaa....what a sweet daughter! It's true...it's a versatile meat so get ready to "ham it up!"
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I can eat ham for a week and still enjoy it but Roger cannot.

Jeanette said...

I'm not a huge fan of ham but my husband loves it so he would definitely not have a problem taking care of all that ham!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your leftovers sounds delicious. That was sweet of Amanda to bring you the ham. Enjoy!

DeniseinVA said...

Love it! I see lots of ham in your future, hahahaha! All joking aside, Amanda is a very sweet and thoughtful daughter.

happyone said...

Another ham! :). A thoughtful daughter. :)
At least there are so many different ways to eat ham.

Lori said...

At least it is a very versatile meat with so many different options. Sweet of her to think of you. Food gifts are the best.

The Happy Whisk said...

Love the bag!

Related Posts with Thumbnails