Friday, August 10, 2018

Just stuff

I finally got Wade's checking account closed out yesterday. One more thing to cross off my list. I have a phone appointment today with Social Security to tell them where I want the lump sum death benefit deposited. You know that whopping $250 dollars that they give you. I kind of find it funny that they word it like that. One time lump sum, like it's a really large amount. All joking aside, it's better than nothing and it will pay a few bills. After that, the last thing that I will have to deal with will be tax time.


This is the fish tank that the algae eater jumped out of. Move off to the left of the picture and that's where I found him on the floor. Sandra asked why I never posted a picture of the aquarium. I may have way back but here it is. One fish and an algae eater. When that fish dies, this thing is out of there. 


One more from the top.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

There is so much red tape and financial stress after a death. As if you are not stressed enough already. I had to go to court over my mom's life insurance. The aquarium is real pretty! I don't ever remember you posting it. What kind of fish?

MadSnapper said...

I like the top view, very artistic... soooooooo happy you are catching up on your to do list. I am so relieved these two things are behind you. yayyyyyy

Grace said...

That thing must be a bit of work so once Goldie goes off to the big aquarium in the sky one less chore to wrangle. If you're not fond of fish (except broiled on a plate with the requisite lemon wedge) I expect that will be a (very) good thing.

Sandee said...

They sure don't make it easy do they? No they don't. I know you'll get through this, but it will be frustrating at times.

I can't do fish. They just die on me. I don't like that.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ann Thompson said...

I'm pretty sure it's an angel fish but not positive. It was Wade's and he's the one who took care of it

Ann Thompson said...

Wade was the one who took card of cleaning it and I have no desire to keep it going. I am most definitely ready for Goldie to swim off into that great aquarium in the sky lol

Ann Thompson said...

Yes, there are some hoops to jump through and I'm getting to old for jumping lol
I'm not a fan of the fish. They were Wade's thing

Terra said...

When my hubby died I found it was an almost endless number of financial and other things to do; it went on and on. Going on two years later I hope the financial hoops are all jumped through.

Ann said...

Since the house I live in was mine from my first marriage, all but 2 bills was already in my name so that cut way down on having to change things. For me the big thing is trying to pull it all together on just my income alone. It's tight but I'm doing it.

iMedia Solutions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes it is better than nothing but not much of death benefit at all. We have never had fish tanks. They need a good amount of maintenance. Hope your phone appointment went well. Have a nice weekend.

Sharkbytes said...

I've wanted an aquarium off and on, but they seem like a lot of work

Ann said...

Wade always took care of cleaning it and I don't even want to be bothered with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails