Monday, October 15, 2018

Pumpkin walk part 1

I took too many pictures at the pumpkin walk on Saturday to do it all in one post so here is part one.


This is done at the high schools nature trail.
You can see the the pumpkins were lined up along the trail. They were grouped according to class and each group listed the teacher's name or the high school's group that carved the pumpkins.

It was still light out when we went but it wasn't the best lighting so I had trouble getting my camera to focus. I did manage to get some ok pictures though.



Tomorrow I'll show you some of my favorites. They did this on Friday and Saturday and sadly there were already quite a few pumpkins that had been smashed. A shame that someone had to do that.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They look done very professionally, with sharp and even edges! I think it does take an ability to do this. But of course there is always someone who ruins everything. Can't wait to see the rest!

Hootin Anni said...

Fun! Looking forward to your favorites. I can't understand why people do vandalism on such things, tho.

MadSnapper said...

there always has to be someone to ruin the fun. what a super way to display them, when you said our went, I thought field or yard. this trail is great by itself and the pumkins add to it... can't wait to see the rest

Pam said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I bet there were a lot of cool pumpkins. Can't wait to see them. Glad you got out and about.

Duni said...

I haven't seen a lot of pumpkins here yet. Strangely the last couple of days have been quite warm?! I have never carved a pumpkin, but I enjoy seeing the creations of others.

Sandee said...

How fun. I would have enjoyed this walk. Not a big fan of Halloween, but I love all things pumpkins.

Have a fabulous day off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

The colors are marvelous! We are still all green here, looking forward to some reds and golds...

Connie said...

What a fun walk . . . I'm happy that you got out and did something fun, just for you :)

Lin said...

Oh, that is a cute idea. Stinks that someone is going around breaking them. Always some jackass in the bunch.

Out on the prairie said...

what a fun theme. I want seeds for that first, it looks like a squash more.

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh how wonderful, Ann. I felt like I was on the pumpkin walk with you! Strolling down a tree-lined walkway in autumn.... one of life's greatest blessings. Love you, Andrea xoxo

BeadedTail said...

What a fun place for the pumpkin walk! I bet it'd be spooky at night among all those trees! It's too bad some were smashed. I don't understand some people.

Reeni said...

I love this! I bet it's spooky at night - I'd much rather go when it was still a little light out - I'm such a wimp. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Glad you got to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails