Tuesday, January 4, 2022

It's a start

I've been in search of my crafting mojo for quite some time now. No matter how hard I've searched it keeps one step ahead of me and out of reach. Yesterday for my day, off after thinking about crafting, procrastinating and doing other things, I finally went to the craft room and worked on a card. It's not the best I've ever done but at least it's a start. Wade's oldest son and his wife sent me a box of assorted color blank cards and some metallic markers for Christmas so I wanted to make them a thank you card.


Here's a couple of close ups just for fun. 

I hadn't taken the card blanks out of the box and I thought they were a different size. I made the snowflake panel for the size I thought the cards were. It all worked out in the end though. 

I cute the snowflakes out with my cricut in various sizes and then glued them to the light blue panel. Then I used the metallic markers to draw the lines on them.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Just like real snowflakes, no two seem alike!

MadSnapper said...

yay for day 1 of mojo returning. and just in time when you needed a card. I can see the sparkles on the one where the card is laying down, hard to get a capture of them with cell phone. now to get the mojo of a trip to mail it. or do you mail from your mailbox at home

Rose said...

That is a really cute card! At lo east you done it. I also went in the seeing room yesterday...I am going to try to start the 15 minute thing again. Anyway I think I may have settled on an actual project.

Jeanette said...

That is a nice card! I bet they loved that you used their gift to thank them!

Lin said...

New tools sometimes help boost the will to get back at it. I actually had some down time this weekend, so I made a baby quilt. It's been fun to be back at it again. The new fabric for the quilt and some new watercolors have me itching. I hope you find your mojo...or maybe it is time to try something else for awhile.

The Feminine Energy said...

I love-love-love this card you made, Ann. A box of blank cards is like a gift of gold to a crafter. How nice of them to think of you. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Sandee said...

Just a pretty card. You're so talented.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It came out really nice and I'm glad you pushed yourself to do it!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you are starting again, and the card is neat. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

A fun and thoughtful gift from your son and his wife. Great card, they are going to love this.

CrystalChick said...

Oh, how I miss card making! Supplies are waiting for me when I find that mojo you mentioned. lol
I like the card you made, Ann!

Donna said...

You wouldn't wnt to see the card I'd make...total mess!Hahaa
This is kool!
Well done!
hughugs

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

awesome - baby steps - back to your creativity and crafting

Related Posts with Thumbnails