Monday, April 18, 2022

Diamond painting.

 I had heard about diamond painting a while back. I have even looked at kits to give it a try but never saw anything I really liked. Recently, while browsing on Amazon, I came across a kit for diamond painting keychains. The size of the project appealed to me. I would be less likely to give up half way through completing it. Since this came with 10 keychains in the kit it would also provide gifts. 

This is half the kit. It came with 5 different hearts and the other half had 5 different butterflies.


The kit didn't come with any kind of instructions. I suppose they think if you can't figure it out yourself then you're too dumb to even have it. Well I pretty much thought I knew what to do but just to be on the safe side, I turned to google for answers.

After getting all the info I needed to start, I chose what looked like the easiest of the designs. 


Amanda asked me how long it took to do this and I said I didn't know exactly but I thought it was under a half hour. Truth is it may have been longer because I was sort of lost in the whole process just enjoying it.

This has the same design on both sides so it looks the same no matter what side you are looking at. 






15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS!!! I had no idea Diamond Painting looked like this! And getting the keychains was a super idea. I want to see any others you do.

Hootin Anni said...

See comment in previous post.

Rose said...

That is gorgeous! And so good you coukd enjoy it enough to just get lost in it.

Pam said...

That turned out so nice. Pretty.....That is something I refuse to go buying stuff to do, and when I post pics of the craft room, you will understand why. It is finally getting there so I hope to start crafting again soon. Been two yrs since moving and I have brought things to the dining room to work, and yes, I still have to move the dining room mess to the craft room.

Sandee said...

I love those. Wow, very pretty.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Danielle L Zecher said...

I've never heard of diamond painting, but that looks really pretty. And I like the idea of a shorter project.

MadSnapper said...

so no painting involved, it is bead gluing, right? what ever it is called this is beautiful. i can think of several things you could do with it besides key chains, hang on trees, on a long chain necklace. I am so glad you were enjoying it so much you had no idea how long it took. that means it was the right thing to do. and you will have gifts when done.. did the heart have a pattern on it and you fill in the blanks? or did you have to create a design yourself... did you have to use glue or are the jewels sticky back stuff?

Jeanette said...

That is a beautiful key chain! I have been slightly interested in diamond painting but haven't tried it yet!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks lovely. I would think it would take hours to make. Good for you for trying something new and also using Google for some answers!

Donna said...

Well, this is Really pretty!! Love anything that glitters...
hughugs
Donna

betty said...

Wow, so very pretty! I had seen diamond painting kits and they looked like fun, but I think I like the idea of the keychains for the reasons you mentioned. Easier to get a sense of accomplishment and then for gift giving! Very nicely done!

betty

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad you did that. It's a winner of a project on so many levels. ❤️

The Feminine Energy said...

I'm so glad you're trying diamond painting, Ann. I love it...a nice, relaxing hobby. What you may want to do is cover your diamonds on your key chains with some sort of adhesive, in order to help the diamonds stay in place while the key chain is being used. I seal all my diamond paintings with something called Aqua Glue by Tombow. It dries perfectly clear, doesn't dull the sparkle of the diamonds, and will help the diamonds stay in place. You did a really nice job on your project!! ~Andrea xoxo

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! I haven't seen any kits like this before. Great job Ann! You have a lot of talent.

Jo said...

Wow Ann, your first attempt is stunning. I saw diamond/crystal art a week before Christmas and then my neighbors daughters gave her a project for Christmas. Hers is a map of the world in one dimension. She has completed most of it. When done it will hang in her office at school where she is the Headmaster. Have a great day. Jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails