Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A lazy day off.

 Yesterday was a holiday but also my day off. Normally when a holiday falls on my regular day off I get another day off during the week. No such luck this time. I work my normal 5 days this week so instead I just get an extra 8 hours in my check with the holiday pay. 

I didn't do much of anything. I did go outside in the morning for a bit when a very short Memorial day parade went by my house. I took a very short video of the marching band. Unfortunately it uploaded as a short so I can't get the embed code to add. Here's the link if you want to see it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ENSjChRSpB8?feature=share


8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I really like the big yellow flags. But so many of the marchers seem defeated, with slumped shoulders. Kind of like they are really tired.

MadSnapper said...

A parade is a parade! And they were playing really good it looks like it might be high school kids. Good job even though it came up as a short and it was easy to watch by tapping the link. I have days off like your day off every day of my life I really need a day to work ha ha

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a nice relaxing day. Sorry you don't get an extra day of but Holiday pay is nice.

Jeanette said...

We did not attend any parades. We usually only go to the 4th of July parade but if one went past our house we would probably watch it! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Rose said...

I saw it last night! I wish they would not upload them as shorts...one or two I have uploaded and would like to embed went up as shorts. Backwhen the squirrel was visiting me.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

OMG! Nothing like a town with a parade and it goes right past your house. I miss those days from my childhood.

happyone said...

How nice that it went right by your house. :)

Sandee said...

Sounds like the perfect day. I loved the video.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails