Saturday, May 13, 2023

Potted plants

You won't find any of those at my house because I do not have a green thumb. I tend to kill plants in record time. Because of that, I happen to have several empty pots. I also had some potting soil from previous attempts. So what did I do with them? I filled the pot with soil and I planted some solar lights. All three were very inexpensive ones. I bought two of the super cheap ones and one of the next price up.
The next morning when I was leaving for work I was surprised to see they were still lit. Because they're so cheap I didn't think they would last all night.

11 comments:

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

oh what a great idea

I have no indoor plants either but outside I've some random pots that were never doing much and suddenly when I moved them, they have all kinds of nice green succelents and other things growing abundantly...

Donna said...

Wow! Mine are usually spent by the time morning rolls around!
Do you think they'll bloom? lolol
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

super duper idea, I had thought about trying the dollar tree kind but figured they would not work. never thought a bout Growing them in a pot, it looks so pretty. maybe we will have a few babies???

DeniseinVA said...

That’s a great idea! I have been thinking about buying solar lights for a while now. They look really nice all lit up.

Lori said...

Super cute!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a great idea!! And now you are a grower of light!

happyone said...

A good idea.
You can't kill those. :)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those lights are about the only thing I would be able to grow in a planter like that!

Jeanette said...

That is a great idea!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The are so cute. That's a great way to use them.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's so clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails