Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Out and about in the yard

I love how green everything is again. We're still way behind some areas but we are getting there. Looking around my yard the other day I admired the lilac in my next door neighbors yard. I would love to have one but every time I try they never make it.

There was plenty growing in my own front yard.

The iris are coming along nicely.


I've got peonies full of buds.


 Hosta


 Lupines


 and finally my hydrangea.


 I need to get in here and clean up the winter mess. My problem is that when I take Gibbs out front with me to work on it he barks at every single car that goes by. I guess I'm just going to have to pen him up in the basement and go out myself and get it done.

In other news, I sent a text to the plumber yesterday morning. He stopped over late morning and fixed the problem. It only cost me $125.00 so that wasn't too bad.

11 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad your plumber bill was so low. They can get really expensive. Things here are probably later than where you are, but as long as they come...

MadSnapper said...

so glad the drip is dripless and did not wipe out the budget. I am happy to see the green at the bottom of they hydrangea and all your plants growing well. love the neighbors bush.
somehow when I clicked on your post in feedly, then on the blog, it flipped me to your instagram page and I did not even know you had one, I scrolled through and see tons of beautiful photos you have not shown us here, i saw 3 gorgeous picks of Gibbs that were new. I could not see much because i am not a member. you have a lot of FODDER there for those of us who don't do Instagram.

Lori said...

That's good news on the plumber!
Spring is such a pretty time of year, isn't it?

Jeanette said...

Everything in your yard looks lovely! I miss my peonies I left behind at my old house! They don't last long enough though!

Sandee said...

Lots of things going spring in your yard.

I'm glad you got your leak fixed and it didn't cost to much.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Love and hugs to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

Looking like spring in your yard. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The plants are looking good. Clean up is not fun. I love lilacs. Actually we just found a dwarf one and bought it. They don't grown in California normally but this one has been raised in warm weather. I hope it works out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great news about the plumber! You must have found a good place. Your yard is thriving! I can't wait till they all bloom. We have a paler lavender Lilac. These darker ones are hard to find around here. In fact, I have never seen one. Couldn't you maybe tie Gibbs up and just let him bark at the cars? But it may really get on your nerves.

Rose said...

So glad the plumbing is taken care of and did not cost you a fortune. You have lots of stuff to watch grow and get beautiful. Peonies are blooming here...asiatic lilies have a lot of buds, but will be a little while. And the day lilies are barely starting to shoot up a bud on a couple plants.

Ida said...

A nice look around your garden area. Our lilacs have come and gone already (I posted about mine today). My hydrangea though looks a lot like yours still.

Grandma C said...

Lovely assortment of plants.

Related Posts with Thumbnails