Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Out and about in my yard

The weather has been a little warmer again so the other day I took a walk around my yard. I hadn't realized this was blooming on the side of my house. A mixture of flowers and weeds . 



In the backyard and a few houses up I saw this tree covered in blossoms.



This is the tree in my next door neighbor's yard. It's always so pretty this time of year.

Answers to yesterdays comment questions.

MadSnapper said...

you are dangling Bread Heaven in front of me. the Bible says man can not live by bread alone, but this woman could easily live on bread. I am thinking you might get sick of donuts and bread when you smell all this all day every day. sometimes the smell of baking in Walmart has me drooling when I walk in the door. I can imagine the scent of all these donuts is overwhelming. how many can you fry at once? Believe it or not, I really can't smell any of it. As for how many I can fry at a time, there is 20 per rack and my fryer is small so I can only do 1 rack at a time.

Lori said...

I know there are annoyances with your job (all jobs) but I'm curious if all and all you really enjoy it? Yes, I do enjoy it. I like the creative side of doing the cakes plus I've always been allowed to just do my own thing and no one has ever stood over my shoulder telling me what to do.


Liz Hinds said...

Do you make everything from scratch? That cake looks lovely. No, I'm afraid I'm not that kind of baker. Everything is done from frozen dough that is shipped in. Even the cakes are shipped in already baked, I just decorate them.


Jeanette said...

Lots of baking! Do you get sick of the smell of bread or cakes baking? I don't smell it at all. People will walk in the store and say how good the bread smells but I don't notice it. About the only thing I ever smell is the cookies or brownies when they first come out of the oven. The only bread item I can smell is the onion rolls. Those things smell really good.


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Redbud tree is so cute. But your Lily Of The Valley(???) is the most gorgeous, it must be the star of your entire yard!!

MadSnapper said...

maybe your nose is used to the smells. thanks for all the answers and your view from and in your yard is more springy every day.

Donna said...

Your tiny flowers are beautiful!
Love the trees in bloom, as well!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Everything is so pretty. We have an old red bud too and I just love it this time of year. Have a great Wednesday.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How fun to answer comments...I should do that! Enjoy your day!

Pam said...

OH, you have no clue what you are missing, the smell of baking bread is, AMAZING! Gosh, you all are a month maybe even a tad more behind us on the blooming of trees and stuff. That is crazy to see them in full blown bloom when we are over it here...

Rose said...

The onion rolls woukd have me drooling! I picked up onion bagels today. The tree in your neighbirs yard is gorgeous.

happyone said...

So nice to see all those signs of spring.

Sandee said...

Oh I love all things Spring. Beautiful blossoms.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

CheerfulMonk said...

What a beautiful time of year. Thanks for the pictures. ❤️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Lovely, Spring has sprung!

DeniseinVA said...

That's so nice how you answer your comments at the end of your post. Love those little white flowers and those trees look lovely when blooming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails