Monday, May 8, 2023

Hitting the highway

Saturday was a sunny and warmer day than what we have been having. I didn't quite feel like sitting at home all day, so I decided to hit the highway and go out for a bit. 
I was driving down Interstate 90 towards Erie PA. I was amazed at all the cars that passed me. Now mind you, I was going 5 miles over the posted limit of 65. These cars were flying by me like I was standing still. All of them were out of state. I saw Ohio, New York, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, and a couple others that I couldn't read the state on the plate. 

So where did I go? I stopped at Michaels. Here I bought some plain colored cardstock that I needed for a project I plan on doing.
Right next to Michaels was Christmas Tree Shops. I didn't buy anything here.
Next to that was 5 and below. Didn't buy anything here either.
After I left there I went to the next best place for shopping. My first stop was Hobby Lobby. I bought a table runner with a patriotic theme.
Of course no shopping trip is complete without stopping at Dollar Tree and Walmart. I picked up a few things at both places. Then it was back home to chill for the rest of the day.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds like my kind of shopping trip! Your driving experience happens to us every time we drive anywhere. Cars pass us like speed idiots! And none of them ever get stopped by police.

Lori said...

The interstate here is 70 so of course most people do 80. It is crazy. I'm glad you got out for a bit and did some shopping. Sounds like a nice day.

Donna said...

Same here! Swooshing by like tornados! Once, a BMW swooshed by us on the interstate and about 20 minutes later, (we'd stopped for gas), we saw it had been in an accident and was laying on it's side...a police car was already on scene...
People just don't get it!
Sounds like my kind of shopping trip!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

that was a good day trip of shopping. the last tiem I went to 5 and under I was disapointed in the merchandise, when it first opened well before 2020 it had a lot of great deals, most of it now is junk.
i wish we had a Christmas tree shop here, the closest is about an hour or more on interstate and our interstate doesn't look like your photo, it is bumper to bumper of idiots going over the speed limit.
glad you got out

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm not much of a shopper any more but I would love to walk through a Hobby Lobby and see what's new!

Rose said...

I have not been to Hobby Lobby in ages...would like to go see what is there. Never been to a 5 and under. At least you got out and enjoyed the day. I almost always get passed by too, and me going the 5 over the stated speedlimit. Except over in Illinois...at least the places I drive, I will put the pedal to the medal cause can see for a LONG way and no traffic to speak of.

Sandee said...

Same thing happens to us. Cars go speeding by and we're going over the limit too. We just say we're never going fast enough.

I'm glad you got out and about. It's a good thing.

Have a fabulous day off today, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Pam said...

HAHA...you shop the same stores I do! Except Michaels, there is not one around me so I don't do that store anymore, not for years. Hope the trip out made for a better day than staying home. Skies look great for a day out.

DeniseinVA said...

That sounded like a nice drive out. We don't have The Christmas Tree Shop or 5 and below. I would be interested in having a browse.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you did that. I need to make myself do that! Sounds like a fun time.

happyone said...

It truly is amazing how fast some people drive!!
I see quite a few people pulled over by the police outside of town!!
I love looking around Hobby Lobby.

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m glad you had a chance to get out and about. ❤️👍

Related Posts with Thumbnails