Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Layers

I didn't do much on Monday but I did manage to finish a craft project. Remember when I said I went to Erie and bought some cardstock from Michaels? This is what I bought it for. This was a free cut file from My 3D SVG. First I cut out the layers. Well, technically my Cricut cut the layers. There were nine layers in all . I cut these at 4 and 3/4 in. These are commonly cut larger to fit in a shadowbox frame.

A lot of people make these using foam dots between the layers to give them more of a three-dimensional look. But because I was planning on putting them in a frame and possibly on a card I didn't want them that thick so I glued the layers together.


When it was all done I put it into a Dollar Tree floating frame. I almost didn't fit the back on because the layered piece are a bit thick. One more layer and it wouldn't have fit.


I was happy with how this turned out. It cut beautifully and went together easy.

12 comments:

Lori said...

That is really cute! Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

MadSnapper said...

I Love sunflowers, this is beautiful. I did not know they have these frames, I used to look at frames everytime i went in, because I was framing photos. have not done that in a while but next time I go there will check them out. might get an idea. now i understand more about how your cricut works, the layers thing makes sense and I can understand more how it all works

Jeanette said...

I love that!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!!!! One of my favorites of yours EVER! I am almost drooling!! And all those cardstocks and cutting, it looks so confusing to make! I might try taking a photo of this, then framing it. I'll see if I can enlarge the photo. No 3-D effect, but better than nothing!

Ginny Hartzler said...

O.K., I enlarged the photo and saved it to my picture folder. Now I will see what it looks like printed!

Sandee said...

So pretty. You're most talented.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! that's gorgeous.

happyone said...

That turned out terrific. Like it a lot!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Very creative. I love sunflowers!

Rose said...

This really did turn out great. It is one of my favorite things you have made.

CheerfulMonk said...

That worked great!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous. I've never seen that type of frame before but it's cool looking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails