Monday, March 18, 2024

A walk in the park

Last week I decided to stop at the borough park after work and take a walk. The road that runs around the park is about 1/3 of a mile. The plan was to do 3 laps. I did two and decided that was enough. I'm going to have to work my way up to 3.

It was a beautiful day




When I got home I noticed things springing to life in my yard. 

My poor overgrown forsythia. It will need a trim after it's done blooming.



Daffodils will be blooming soon




And the hydrangea will be full of beautiful green leave before long.



The next day I went back to the park after work and took another walk. I don't know why I didn't notice it the first time but this tree caught my eye and looked so pretty.



The next day was much colder and rainy so that was the end to my walking. I'm going to try to get in a habit of doing this though. If I go right after work I have a better chance than if I were to go home first.




13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The tree looks like maybe a Redbud? What a pretty place to walk! You have lots of cool plants in your yard! Once the forsythia is trimmed, it will be a beautiful row of yellow.

MadSnapper said...

looks like your yard is telling you spring has sprung. Great idea to walk before you go home, once you get inside and sit down its hard to get going again. beautiful place to walk and I think Ginny is right about the redbud. I have not seen one of those in 40 years. we don't have them here.

Pam said...

If you are not a lazy person, winter will help to make you that way and with that, less laps! lol

Rose said...

I need to walk so bad...I think if I had a place close, I'd probably still find an excuse to not walk.

Lin said...

A walk will do wonders for a person! You'll be doing the mile and more in no time.

Sandee said...

Nothing like a great walk in nature. I walk about 2.5 to 3 miles a day. I had to work up to it. I'm way older than you and my doctor says to walk every day. You work so you're on your feet moving for hours each workday.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you going for a walk. I do love forsythias. We don't have them here. The tree is very pretty and way to go taking another walk!

Jeanette said...

That's a nice place to walk. Good for you for stopping after you get off of work. When I work I just want to get home!

Lori said...

Everything looks so pretty. Everything is blooming here also but last night was 22 degrees and it's supposed to be the same for tonight. Who knows what damage that will do. Our redbud and tulip tree are blooming now. The forsythia bloomed a few weeks ago and now is mainly green. Good job on the walking. I'm sure it's a great place to walk and reduce stress. I'd have to do it right after work too because usually once I'm home, I'm home.

Liz Hinds said...

Good plan. I want to try and walk more too.

happyone said...

It's a start!! :)

CheerfulMonk said...

Spring is coming for you! Not much sign of it here yet, and good for you for the walking.

DeniseinVA said...

That's a great place for a walk. The flowers and plants are going to be totally confused with this weather we've been having. Going to dip into the chilly again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails