Sunday, March 24, 2024

On my birthday

The day got off to a rough start. Well, after the sleeping in and leisurely drinking my morning coffee it started to go down hill. I decided to go to Erie to get my picture taken for my license. It was cold, the heater in my car isn't working but I figured I could just bundle up. On the way there, my low tire pressure light came on. I stopped at two different gas stations trying to put air in my tires. I was freezing and the gauge kept jumping around saying 9lbs then 31, 16, 26. I didn't know if I was getting air in the tires or letting more out. I finally said the heck with it and just went on my way. Got to the drivers license place and got that taken care of. Got back in the car and headed to Walmart. Only had one glove and my hands were freezing. Walmart had no gloves other than men's work gloves. 
It did get better after that. I made several stops but didn't spend much money. Mostly just did window shopping and stopped at Arby's for lunch.
Later I went to Amanda's for dinner and she had a cake for me
Then I came back home and just lounged around. The day wasn't a total loss but it certainly wasn't the kind of day that one would wish for. 

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a really cool cake! What a bunch of things conspired to frustrate you!

MadSnapper said...

You certainly will not forget a day like that birthday or no birthday. Glad you got to go to Amanda’s at least you had a cake and someone to say happy birthday and you were not at work with the people who make you want to scream

Rose said...

That had to be so frustrating with the air in the tire, etc. And being cold! I am glad it ended on a happier note.

Pam said...

Hoping you had a great bday other than the issues you mentioned. My car tells me I have low air pressure in a tire, but don't tell me which tire. That becomes a pain in the rear. Plus, the fact that most places went up on the price of air....which is crazy. We pay for bottle water and we pay for AIR...lol

Lori said...

Sorry your Birthday started out with a slew of frustrations. I hate days like that. At least you were able to enjoy cake and family that evening. The cake is SO pretty!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that was not fun at all. Hope your tire is okay. Burr!!! I'm glad you finished your day at Amanda's and had some birthday cake.

Liz Hinds said...

Happy birthday - and I'm sorry it wasn't a better day! But that cake looks good enough to brighten your day.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, it seems I missed your actual birthday! So belated greetings. Did you buy those bunnies?

happyone said...

Not the best of days but it ended happy with that great looking cake!! :)

CheerfulMonk said...

That's too bad! I'm glad it ended better than it started. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Bummer! Sorry about the day but I'm wishing you a Happy Birthday a little later. So nice of Amanda to get you the cake.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry it wasn't the day you hopped for. Love the cake. Happy Belated Birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails