Wednesday, March 6, 2024

The need to flee

Monday I had no intentions of going anywhere. The plan was to stay home, do some crafting and just hang out.
Turns out I lacked focus and Gibbs was just getting on my last nerve. I know you find it hard to believe that someone as cute as him could be annoying but believe me, he can, and he does.
I took a drive and stopped at Dollar Tree. It was a gorgeous day so when I left DT I didn't feel like going right home. I asked Google for parks close to my current location picked one and let Google give me directions. There wasn't much there but what I saw lifted my spirits.

The name of the park is Girard Waterworks Park. There is a pond that has fishing for handicapped people and children under 12 only. No one was fishing but I loved seeing the reflection in the water.



I started to walk and couldn't help looking up into the trees and snapping.

They had hiking trails and I decided to check them out. It looks like a straight path but it was actually a very windy trail.

I walked for a ways, then, in need of a restroom I thought I should turn around and head back. On my way back I spotted green. This time of year it's a real treat to see something green.


It was quite peaceful there. I saw one other vehicle and another coming off the hiking trails with their dogs. I just might go back here if I feel the need to flee again.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's a lovely place, and my favorite part is the beautiful pond.

CheerfulMonk said...

It's beautiful and so restful. I'm glad you had a chance to go there.

Donna said...

Awww...maybe the Gibber just needs a little walk too...The area is lovely! You just be careful out all by yourself. I guess I'm paranoid because of the closeness to the southern border we are. SO many illegals...hiding in the woods. We carry our weapons everywhere. I hate what our country has become!
Lovely photos...
hugs
Donna

Lin said...

This is the amazing effect of Mother Nature! Whenever I am feeling out of sorts, I dig in the garden, sit out in the grass, or go for a walk. I'm glad you found such a great spot! I hope you get out there again. Listening to Donna...I carry pepper spray whenever we hike. If not for humans, sometimes an animal may come up. You can get a little clip-on sprayer at Walmart.

Lori said...

What a great place to take a walk and just relax. I can understand Gibbs getting on your nerves. Binx has SO much energy and is very needy and sometimes I'm just not up for it.

Rose said...

I always love seeing holly out in the wild...and I need a park like that to go to. About anywhere near here is always busy.

Sandee said...

Being one with nature can lift your spirits indeed. I love doing this too.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to sometimes annoying Gibbs. ♥

DeniseinVA said...

You made me smile about Gibbs. What a wonderful walk you had and you took a lot of pretty photos. That hollow made a nice splash of green.

happyone said...

That looks like a lovely place to go walking!!

Liz Hinds said...

Sometimes getting out into nature is all that is needed.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's my kind of place and I feel the need to flee...often! I know you'll love going back again...it's beautiful!

Ida said...

Sometimes it's nice to get a break from the furry children. - This looks like a nice spot to hike.

Related Posts with Thumbnails