Saturday, May 16, 2020

Change of plan

I actually took my camera outside yesterday and took some pictures. I was planning on using those for a post today but my computer is acting up and I couldn't get the pictures off the SD card. Then when I was scrolling through Facebook I saw something that just set me off.

Let me start by saying.

If I offend anyone with anything I'm about to say I'm sorry but I have to get this out.

This picture was posted on Facebook. I'm not sure where this is but I believe it is somewhere in Pennsylvania

I'm sorry but this is just taking it too far. I have had it with the whole mask thing. I hear how I'm not wearing a mask to protect myself I'm doing it to protect those around me. I hear how I shouldn't be selfish and think of myself. Well let me just say that I do wear a mask because I have to but it's not healthy for me. Because of the amount of time I have to wear that stupid mask I have problems breathing. It's bad enough if I have it over my face and I'm just standing there or walking at a leisurely pace but once I have to start rushing and running back and forth it is impossible to breathe with the mask over my face.
So the argument is that I'm not sick but I could be a carrier and get someone else sick. So why is it then that I have not made any of the people I work with sick? We go without our masks if there are no customers around. None of us have gotten sick. For that matter there are no cases in our area. ZERO.

Ok, so I'm rambled on enough. I probably didn't even make much sense. Blame it on the lack of oxygen. Let me just say too that if wearing a mask makes you feel safe then by all means I think you should wear one but I think this should be an individual choice for everyone.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, it is hard to breathe through those masks! the cemetery thing is interesting. It looks like we need to protect the dead.

The Feminine Energy said...

That cemetery sign is the silliest thing I've ever seen!!

I'm a retired nurse... I used to wear those masks for hours on end. I totally understand your dislike of them. I believe all workers who are required to wear a mask because they work with the public should be given the surgical kind and not those crazy cloth ones. The homemade cloth ones are absolutely worthless when having to wear them for any length of time.

Our country is so backward regarding this whole virus thing. Other countries are light-years ahead of us and we're supposedly so "advanced". Grocery stores should have been doing curbside pick-up only for months now... allowing no customers in the store at all. But who asked me?!

The worst is yet to come. I can feel it in my bones.

Hang in there, kiddo.

Love, Andrea xoxo

Ella said...

Wear a mask in the cemetery? Why?
The idiots with stupid ideas are all over the world ... and I thought only in certain places!
Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Hootin Anni said...

I wear 'em at certain crowded areas. As you say, it's to protect others not yourself as so many think. This cemetery sign is tops in stupidity.

Love the "cornteen"

Sandi said...

That is hilarious...the cemetary? Well, we don't want those people getting sick!

I am bout fed up with this cornteen also. 😂 hahhah! I wear a mask at the grocery store so I don't scare other people, but I realized the last time I was at Food Lion only about half of us were wearing them.

Forsythia said...

It's really hard to get enough air with a mask on.

crafty cat corner said...

I recently asked the nurse about these masks and she informed me that they are okay for you not spreading it to others (if you happen to have it without knowing) but it doesn't stop you from catching it from others, not sure how this is.
Like you I'm fed up with the whole lot of it.
Briony
x

Rose said...

I have heard so many times what Briony says...that they are worthless in protecting us. I hate the way my glasses steam up. I do wear one, but I don't get upset when I see someone without one. It does not freak me out to pass right next to someone or for someone to pass by me...here we look at each other and say 'Isn't this fun?' I did get a bit ticked the other day though...you know how walmart has the aisles marked go up one and down another? Of course I forgot and went down the wrong way first thing...no one there. so didn't bother anyone. (I turned my cart around till I would be going the right way) But then there was this one couple that every aisle I tried to go down, there they were coming the wrong way, and took up the entire aisle...and I felt like it was on purpose. But I just skipped to the next aisle...but don' know how many times I had to do that to finally get what I wanted. I somehow felt they were really scared of being out...and the county we were in has had no cases at all. So I just gritted my teeth and did not say anything or force pass them.

Jeanette said...

I cant believe that sign! I refuse to wear a mask outside!

CheerfulMonk said...

I sympathize with you having to wear one all the time at work. Andy and I wear ours when we go to the grocery store, but that's only for a short time. :(

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know if I had to wear a mask for an extended period of time I wouldn't be able to do it.
However when you see a protest and people are not wearing masks, crowded up against each other and a week later 75 people from that protest have the virus that part gets me mad.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

love the jokes!

however, in New Zealand things have been done quite differently...and that's because we are a small island nation with just under 5 million of us through the 2 main islands and a few smaller offshore ones.



Lin said...

I can see both sides of the mask issue. I wear one when we go out and even while I am hiking...but ONLY if I am passing someone. I don't understand the cemetery sign...seems sort of silly if nobody is around you. I wonder if a medical mask would be easier for you to breathe??

Kate said...

I hear you and totally agree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails