Saturday, February 11, 2023

cake topper

If you follow me on Facebook you may have already seen this. I posted it there so that the customer who ordered a cake for tomorrow could see it and let me know if she wanted it or not. The order is for a birthday cake with a football theme. I can do a football in frosting but I decided to play around on my day off and try something different. Using my Cricut machine I made a cake topper

The helmet is a print and cut image. I cut 3 of them and glued them together to make it more stable. The green background has 2 layers of white cardstock behind it to sandwich in the skewers and the goal posts. To make the goal posts I just cut 1/4" strips of white cardstock and then colored them with a metallic marker.

The customer already saw this and approved it so this will be going along with the cake which will just be frosted plain. I won't be able to put this on the cake because it won't fit in the container with it on. She'll be able to put this on when she gets it home.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, it is totally cool!

DeniseinVA said...

I love it! Your customer is going to love it too. Great job Ann, your creativity always impresses me.

MadSnapper said...

super idea, and it will look great and no one else will have had a cake like it, custom designs by Ann from Ann's Cave

Donna said...

You did a super job! I know the customer liked it!
I made two toppers then started keeping Sloane full time until she could go to daycare...then my sister got ill...so I keep looking for a break to get back to my Cricut...and being a newbie sucks. Stop & start doesn't work.
hugs
Donna

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...this is awesome!!

Rose said...

That is a great idea!

Lori said...

This is awesome. Great job!!

Grace said...

Your customers are so lucky to have such a creative person doing the cakes and someone who goes the extra mile...Do you charge extra for this? Your time and materials are worth reimbursing. I wonder if your boss really appreciates you...

Jeanette said...

Perfect cake topper for a Super Bowl Sunday birthday party!

CrystalChick said...

That's very creative, Ann! I can see why your customer would totally approve!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is going to look awesome on the cake.

happyone said...

Good idea and glad the customer liked it. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

What a great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails