Monday, February 27, 2023

Where to begin

Thanks to a very stressful Friday at work and a very crafty day Saturday I find myself with lots of things to blog about. I suppose I'll start with Friday. This will pretty much also answer the question as to how my talk with new boss went.

Maybe I went a little too far with things but let me explain what happened. I got to work on Friday morning and saw that the new schedule was hanging up. There was a new cashier listed. It was a previous employee. More specifically she was a previous employee who old boss told me I could fire. Not only was she the most irresponsible employee we have ever had but she also called me an effing "C" word when I tried to talk to her about being late. So anyway when I see that she is on the schedule, she's scheduled for the same hours that I am there, and finally that my hours had been cut I blew a gasket. I packed up all my personal belongings and stuck the box in my vehicleWhen new boss got in, we had words. He failed to see how insulting it was for him to bring back that employee. In the afternoon we had our staff meeting and from my perspective it was more about him being mad at me than it was anything else. At that point he was still insisting that he was going to rehire this girl because he didn't see the problem because she was up front and I was in the back. Plus we need more people. My mind was set. If she was coming back I was going to be searching for a new job. Thanks to another long time employee, that's not going to happen. She talked him out of bringing her back. For now things have calmed down but nothing has really changed. 

15 comments:

Grace said...

The store needs more people so he cut YOUR hours? You, the de facto Assistant Store Manager, (new boss being the manager), YOU who has basically kept the place running through all kinds of mishegoss? Way to go, new boss aka a-hole. (And let's see him try and replace you - it is to laugh)

Lori said...

Sorry to hear you had to deal with this. You had every right to refuse to work with the one they had you fire. And she called you a C?? Oh no, that wouldn't fly with me either. Your manager needs some serious training in how to deal with people. I hope things calm down for you a bit.

MadSnapper said...

I am glad that you stood up to him and that the other employee stood up for you and he did not hire her. I’m afraid though that this is going to continue because he didn’t change his mind or change who or what he is but back down because of the two of you he sounds like he’s not really manager material. I had hoped he would learn as in on the job training but some people can be bosses and some cannot. Maybe behind the scenes you should start to look for a job who knows you might find one you like better. I know how stressful all that is I’m surprised you could even post about it. Prayers things will go well today

Hootin Anni said...

Good luck. I'm thinking that you should be looking for a new job!!! This will never end with where you're working now.

Debbie said...

You know what? I'm so glad you spoke your mind! After the way my husband has been treated and fired recently, yet the worst employees are still employed, I'm all for speaking up and finding another job, rather than being disrespected! Totally sick of managers not knowing their butt from their face and treating the good people like crap. Just done. Go find a place where you can be respected.

Pam said...

Dearest Ann, I would consider that a hard slap in the face! I would have done the same. GOOD FOR YOU for standing your ground and getting that taken care. Guess boss weighed all things, a girl that is known to not be good and lose a woman that rocks at her job. No brainer, maybe boss is not as dumb as we thoughts...lol...

Rose said...

Yes, the store needs more people and he cuts your hours and wants too hire someone that is always late/doesn't care. Some people just have no clue. Maybe you can keep your ears/eyes open for something new. But I know this is so convenient. I would sure have been upset, too.

Sandee said...

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Anyone that calls someone that horrible name should never be rehired. Goodness. I would leave, but that's just me. I don't know what other opportunities you have in your area.

Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

Jeanette said...

I'm sorry your boss had so little respect for you but, good for you! Stick to your guns!

Lin said...

Yikes. So...what to do? Mind your p's and q's and look for something better elsewhere?? Don't mind your p's and q's and look for something better elsewhere? Not sure where staying there with this new dope is gonna get you.

happyone said...

That whole story is incredible!!!
Maybe you should look for a new job anyway before something else happens!!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow! I'm glad the other employer backed you up. That was a dreadful situation, and your boss should have supported you from the beginning.

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for you!! ❤️

Liz Hinds said...

Your boss sounds like an a**e.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that was crazy. That was not very nice of him and I would have been packing my stuff up too. I am thankful that it all worked out and that you don't have to go looking for another job. ((Hugs))

Related Posts with Thumbnails