Sunday, February 5, 2023

Failure vs success

 I had a nice day off yesterday. Aside from doing laundry, I spent most of the day playing. I  would say that I had more failures than successes but I had fun and that's what counts.

I had seen a technique that I wanted to try. You use plastic wrap and you can fuse either napkins or tissue paper to regular cardstock and envelopes. I did the envelope first and it turned out pretty well. The card was good but I used a check tissue paper and it was crooked. Then I thought I would try and emboss to give it some texture. It ended up warping the paper.


Here you can see the back of the envelope. The flap is covered in the tissue paper.


I did another card and skipped the embossing and it worked out much better. I'll save that card for another post.

I also did some print and cut projects on my Cricut. Or maybe I should say I attempted to do some print and cut projects. Those were full of operator error. Live and learn.


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so pretty and cheerful!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes, don't worry about success and failure, just have fun and keep playing and learning. Good for you!

MadSnapper said...

Having fun is the object and if you get something nice like the card and the envelope that's an extra plus. And that's how we learn. We do it we mess up we do it again and then we do it good. Brain exercises what this is too

Rose said...

I love that checked envelope flap.. the card to.

Lori said...

Spending the day experimenting is always fun. That is how we learn.

Donna said...

I think you did great! At least you got in there and got busy...
Love the pattern!
hugs
Donna

Pam said...

Pretty....nothing wrong with playing on your day off.

Carol said...

Nothing wrong with trying something new on your day off. The envelope is very pretty. I love that paper!

happyone said...

Turned out nice!
Trial and error makes for success.

DeniseinVA said...

It looks lovely!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the look of that. Glad you were busy creating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails