Monday, February 20, 2023

Saturday

 Saturday morning started off good. I got a slow start and then headed to Amanda's. She made breakfast and then we headed out for some shopping.

Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, Christmas Tree Shops, At Home were the store we hit. Then it was time to head home. I drove through the old neighborhood I grew up in and past the house my dad built. I wanted to stop but drove by. Conversation lead me to turn around and go back to pull in the driveway. I rang the bell and told the man who I was. He invited us in for a look. 

Then we were on the road again headed home. My phone rang and Amanda read the number which I said I didn't know. Then her phone rang and it was her dad. He wanted to talk to me. My son collapsed in his kitchen and he was taken to the hospital with a suspected stroke. He's 35. Will be 36 in June. Amanda and I turned around and headed to the hospital. 

We did go in and see him for a bit. He's talking. He said his left arm and left leg felt heavy and he couldn't lift them like he could the right side. They ran tests, did MRI and Sunday morning his wife texted to say a stroke was confirmed and there is also damage to c5 and c6 discs in his back. 

Right now that is all I know. I'll give updates when I know more.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

And he is so young! I have been praying for a full recovery!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so sorry! That's horrible, I hope he can recover.

Hootin Anni said...

Omgoodness Ann. Prayers are being said at this very moment.

Donna said...

Praying for him!! And you...
Hang in there sweet friend!!
HUG
Donna

Rose said...

I so hate that this happened to him...will continue to pray.

Lori said...

Prayers for you and your family! I am so sorry to read this.

e said...

I am so sorry...will keep him and your family in prayers.

Debbie said...

I am praying for his full recovery right now!

Jeanette said...

Oh no, he's so young! I'm praying they caught it in time and he makes a full recovery!

Pam said...

Oh no...that is terrible. Please, please keep us posted.

happyone said...

Oh so sorry, so young, have prayed and will continue to do so for a complete recovery.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Ann, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart aches for you. I am praying for your son. ((HUGS))

Sandee said...

Prayers for your sons recovery. Scary.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lin said...

Oh lord, Ann. I'm so sorry. That is horrible news. I will send prayers that he doesn't have long term damage. My dad had a stroke at age 32. It's so awful having this happen at such a young age.

I'm sending you love and prayers too. I know there is stress in that relationship and this isn't helping.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. Prayers for your son and you and the family.

DeniseinVA said...

So sorry to read about your son and wish him all the best in his recovery. Scary how these things happen, hang in there and I’ll be sending lots of prayers your way and his.

Related Posts with Thumbnails