Saturday, February 18, 2023

Random

 The temperature was near 70 here on Wednesday. Friday it was 27 and snowing when I left work. This definitely sums it up.


I wanted to clarify something regarding my post yesterday. I wasn't bothered by the fact that Grace sent the comment correcting me about manicotti. I was actually glad she did because it gave me a subject for the post., Not to mention that I love Grace to death. Some of you may have agreed with Grace and some of you obviously didn't. Either way, it's all good. We don't all have to agree.

Today I'm heading out to Amanda's for breakfast and then we're off to Hobby Lobby. There will be other stops too. 

I had another sit down with new boss yesterday. I laid it on the line and flat out told him I'm no longer doing any of this extra stuff. My job title is bakery manager and I'm going to do bakery. No more of this opening the store, covering the office and having all the crap that no one else wants to do dumped on me. I said that I would finish the posted schedules but after that he'll need to schedule someone else to open on Sunday and Wednesday. Those are the two days a week that I've done double duty. We are also planning on having a staff meeting next Friday. We'll see how that goes.

And that my dear blog friends is all I've got for now.


15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How did the boss react to what you said? Do you feel it went well? I want to see whatever you get at Hobby Lobby! They will have all their Easter stuff!

crafty cat corner said...

Well done for laying on the line. If we let them people will always take advantage of us, we sometimes have to come clean and tell them like it is.
Let's hope you get what you want.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

High five!!! You stick to it too!!

Donna said...

Yep! No harm, no foul. We all can have opinions without becoming fussy about it...that's what blogger buddies do.
Good that you finally addressed what was upsetting you to your boss! Sometimes we offer to do something for them and before you know it, You end up with a new job. Not right...
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Good for you!! You do have to draw the line sometimes or employers these days will have you doing everything. Have fun today!!

Carol said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself. The weather here has been the same way and I am so over it.

Jeanette said...

Sometimes you have to put your foot down and stop letting them take advantage of you! The problem is younger people today do not have the same work ethic!

happyone said...

Good for you for speaking up at work. :)

CrystalChick said...

It's fine to help out occasionally, but if that turned into being taken advantage of, you have to stand up for yourself. So, good for you!!
I must have missed the pasta discussion. LOL I pretty much like them all.
Hope you enjoyed your breakfast and craft shopping!
~Mary

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes! Good for you! It's about time. They've been taking advantage of you because you are so conscientious. Hurray!!

DeniseinVA said...

Good for you on having a talk with your boss. I hope he realizes you can't be taken for granted. If nothing is said then they pile even more work on. Hope the meeting goes okay. Also hope you had a lovely lunch with your daughter.

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. cute froggy quote.

e said...

Good for you standing up for yourself and I'm glad you had fun with your daughter.

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! Well done!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you speaking up to your boss. Hope you had a nice time at Hobby Lobby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails