Thursday, February 2, 2023

thing one two and three

Thing one.
Every morning I put my apron, phone, and glasses all together on the counter so I don't forget them when I go to work. Yesterday when I was getting ready to leave I put them all in my purse and went out to the car. I had a couple minutes to let the car warm up and the window defrost so I went to pull my phone out of my purse. It wasn't there. I ran back in the house twice trying to find it and couldn't find it anywhere. I finally decided just to go to work without it. When I got to work I dumped my entire purse out and there at the bottom, was my phone. Glad I found it but it was frustrating trying to find it and running back and forth from house to car.

Thing Two.
I got to work and went inside. Just like every other morning I went to turn off the alarm. I put the code in and got invalid pin. I tried the code five times before it actually went through. I was beginning to worry that the police were going to show up while I was trying to turn the alarm off.



Thing three.
On Tuesday a woman called to order a cake for that day. I told her that my schedule was too tight and I didn't have time to do a cake for that day. She asked if she could order it for the following morning which was Wednesday morning. I said yes that would be fine and she ordered it for 9:00 a.m.. Wednesday morning after frying donuts I did the cake that she ordered. I just finished it and was getting ready to put the price tag on and she called to cancel. She said I hope you didn't already do it. I told her, yes, I just finished it. She said she was sorry and did offer to come and get it any way but I told her no, I would cut it and put out pieces for sale. It was just annoying because she called between 7:30 and 8:00. Did she really think I wouldn't have done it by then?

Thankfully, Thing 1 2 and 3 we're not followed by thing 4.

Oh and before I forget, Happy ground hogs day.


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a frustrating morning!! Do you ever wonder why cakes are cancelled?

Donna said...

All those things add up to be a big headache!lol
Hope you enjoy a better day!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

we all know if one thing happens look out for the next two, lets hope there is no 4 and that you don't start another 3... I lost my phone in the house, but used the home phone to call it. you need a 2nd phone and then you could lose both at the same time,hope today is a great day

Rose said...

What a way to start the day...a frantic search like that is something I hate any time of day, much less early in the day. Not that thing 2 and thing 3varent upsetting.

Lori said...

I really dislike days that start out like that because they do only seem to get worse. I just don't understand why someone would cancel a cake. I mean who does that??

Hootin Anni said...

I can't help myself. Ready? "If it isn't one thing it's another!" 😁

Liz Hinds said...

Don't talk to me about losing things and PINs. I am world champion.

Carol said...

Oh How I hate mornings and days like that. I don't understand why anyone would go to so much trouble to order and then not pick it up.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, not the best of days for sure.
Yes, she should have known you would be done.

e said...

Oh dear, all that and six more weeks of winter...yes. about the cake lady...I hope you got some time to put your feet up after this day.

happyone said...

Well, they say things happen in threes!

Lin said...

Yikes! That was a rough start to the day!

CrystalChick said...

Happy Ground Hogs Day! Six more weeks of winter. I don't mind since we haven't really had too much cold weather here yet.
That was nice of you to let the woman go on the cake and cut it up to sell pieces.

CheerfulMonk said...

I hope the annoyances are finished for the week at least.

Jeanette said...

How frustrating! I always have a little bit of anxiety when I'm setting the code for the alarm at work! It's happened once or twice that it didn't take the code and the alarm went off. Luckily, I just had to wait for the security company to call and verify that it was me!

DeniseinVA said...

That does sound frustrating, hope that's the last of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails