Sunday, December 3, 2023

How I spent my last day off

For my last day of vacation I slept till almost 6. Got up, had coffee and read blogs. Then I made myself breakfast before I got dressed for the day. 
Around 9 I went to pick Amanda up to go to a craft show. I forgot to take any pictures until Amanda said something on the way out

 
Then we went to Applebee's for lunch. Forgot to take pictures of what we ate until Amanda reminded me again. I had bourbon chicken and shrimp and it was delicious. I could only eat about half of it so I had some for another meal at home. Yum!

 
We also got the spinach artichoke dip and I could have ate just that. It was so good.

 
At the craft show I bought myself 2 pairs of earrings since I don't have any Christmasy ones. They were $5 each or 2 for $9.

 
I also bought this cute little scented snowman. I got one for me and one for Amanda. He's dipped in scented wax. I put him in the branches of my tree. 
After that it was back home to lounge and chill for the rest of the day.

11 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like a fun day! That scented snowman intrigued me. Do you smell them more if the Christmas lights warm them a little? The food looked yummy, and your breakfast at home. Those are the kind I would make/order. I like the earrings. Very cute! Nice to see Amanda too. I hope your first day back will be a good one. I bet they missed you there.

MadSnapper said...

Last Day Off! you did really well, a whole day of fun plus sleeping in. any day with Amanda is a good day. I am trying to curb my jealousy. I have a story about Christmas earrings in walmart. mine are hanging on my little tree, in fact all but 2 of my earrings are hanging on the little tree.. hope your day back to work goes well from start to finish

Rose said...

I had not thought of that dip on ages...it sounds so good. And sounds like a great day.

Jeanette said...

Nice last day off! Sounds like you get in the moment like me and forget to take pictures!

Lori said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your last day off with Amanda. Craft show and lunch out sounds like so much fun. I love the earrings you picked, they are so cute. I hope your first day back isn't too bad.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Breakfast looks delicious. Your lunch looks delicious too! That's funny about you not taking any photos. The earrings are really cute and the snowman sounds interesting.

happyone said...

Sounds like another fun day with Amanda. :)
Like your new earrings.
Hope your first day back at work went good!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m so glad you had a good time! ❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕

MELODY JACOB said...

It seems like another day filled with fun with Amanda.

Liz Hinds said...

An all round successful day!

The Happy Whisk said...

Those earrings -- wait is that how earrings is spelled? I dunno. Either way, those are too freakin' cute. Love that you girls went and got some good grub, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails