Thursday, December 7, 2023

Monday

Monday I met two very old friends for lunch. I didn't get a picture of the three of us or even of my lunch. I was too busy sitting and listening. I did take a picture from my car when I first got there though. The place we went is way up on a hill looking down over the mall. First pic is just plain and the second was a panoramic view. It made me laugh the way it pieced cars together and cut some off into little partial cars.



So why was I busy sitting and listening? Both friends are very big talkers and they pretty much do ALL the talking. I've made attempts in the past to break into the conversation but I found it was way easier to just sit and listen. 

Both were talking about all the places they've traveled to. I finally said, "you two have been all over the place and me, well, I took a trip to the Walmart the other day." One of them said that I needed to get a passport and she was going to take me on one of her trips.

These are both girls that I have known since I was about 5 or 6 years old. Even though I don't do much talking, it's always nice to get together.

7 comments:

MadSnapper said...

the panorama is really fun, i pinch zoomed and the cars are too funny. love the looooooonggggggg car best. why were you on a hill, to see it like that. details please, you know i love details. you can ask bob if i can break in on talking? ha ha. my best friend from childhood, Madeline who died recently, would call from Savannah and we both talked at the same time. i wonder what the govt thought if they were LISTENING ha ha

Rose said...

Sounds like so much fun...wish I could get together with my childhood friends again...love th hat long car, too.

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun time with life long friends. There are some that we just can't get a word in aren't there? Have a great day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful that you got to have lunch with them. It's okay that you haven't been anywhere. It's nice to be home. That is a lovely view.

happyone said...

Sounds like fun. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and listen.
Funny to see the little pieces of cars. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

That's great that you are still in touch! It might be nicer if you had a chance to talk too, but.... A lot of my friends are that way, that's why I blog. It gives me a chance to talk too. 😊

DeniseinVA said...

Those photos are very interesting. I see what you mean about the cars :))) How nice you got out with your friends. Sometimes it's just hard to get a word in edgewise :) I'm a big listener and rarely jump in as it's like letting a horse out of the gate and off we go, lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails